Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 22: AAAARGH!


I'm not sure if my husband finds my idiosyncrasies mildly entertaining and amusing or downright crazy.

He has learned in the past six years of our marriage that I hate it when things are missing or are not in their proper place. Now, with a 3 year old at home, things seem to go missing more often than not these days. I purposefully only let Little One play with puzzles with me so I can keep track of all the pieces. I have to count all the pieces when putting them away so I know that no pieces are missing. It drives me crazy when Hubby and Little One just put things away willy nilly or haphazardly.

Being the type of person who needs to have things in their proper place and living with people who don't seem bothered by a little chaos is a little bit stressful difficult.

Missing marker caps, misplaced Melissa & Doug play food, and just any missing toy piece...It drives me crazy!

Me: [Insert Little One's real name here]! Where are all the covers for your markers?!?! Wait. Where are your markers?! You're missing some!"

Little One: (Quiet)

This is what I found in the living room.

I was venting about how all of this stresses me out and how I feel it makes my workload just that much more. That, plus when Little One "helps" with laundry, she takes all my clean, folded, and ready to put away laundry and throws them everywhere. She thinks it's fun and loves watching it rain clothes. "Look, Mommy! It's raining underwear!!!"

My mother-in-law told me the other day, "So what if there's laundry on the floor? Just pick it up later. It's not hurting anything. And, be thankful she is able to throw clothing and make a mess."

I suppose she is right.

5 comments:

Glo said...

Suzie I know it's hard to imagine, but the time will come when you will dream of a time machine that can take you back to where you are now in your life! Keep this blog in a safe place, and look at again when your little imp is a teenager ...

Frau Guten Tag said...

My hubby is OCD like me, thank God. We do vary in our OCD somewhat but we understand & respect each others needs in regards to it. My son is already showing some signs of OCD& we are pleased to be honest. My stepkids are like hurricaines & its sooo tough for me & hubby

Unknown said...

Glo:
Great words of advice! <3
Already sad that she'll soon be in school. Once they're in school, it feels like they're not really ours anymore :(

Unknown said...

Frau:
Yikes. Yes, having some members of the household being very particular about things and then having some being hurricanes cannot be an easy thing at all. How do you guys deal with this?

Frau Guten Tag said...

Its tough, but we insist that my stepkids confine their hurricanes to their bedrooms & we keep the doors closed. Basically I live in denial with them. I pick up their bathroom (which is also the guest bathroom) at least once a day. They dont like that but I dont care

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails