Friday, February 26, 2010

So, I'm A Little Bit Slow..


This post is almost a month late!

A few weeks ago, Little One and I drove to the north end of the Island to spend the day with my friend SuperAmazingMommy and Maria from Notes from a Brown House. SuperAmazingMommy invited us girls over for a key lime pie taste testing and a play date for the kids.

As you may know, I LOVE baking and creating delectable, sumptuous, scrumptious treats...but I don't like eating them. I'm not a fan of eating sweets, but I do love key lime pie! I love the tartness of it! LOVE it!

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you will know that my favourite place to dine on the Island is the Garden's Gate Restaurant. They have the most amazing key lime pie. I have scoured the internet for recipes that come close to the key lime pie at the Garden's Gate.
SuperAmazingMommy found the perfect recipe and asked us to be her taste testers. Ummmm...OF COURSE we said yes!!!

Well, she nailed it! The BEST key lime pie EVER!
The key lime pie was one of the highlights of the day, but time spent with "the girls" was even better. There's nothing like spending a Saturday with girl friends! Girls can talk about anything and everything. It's a much needed part of any Mommy's life. How else can we get time to talk to other adults, get advice, give advice, be there to listen, to vent, and to just laugh at silly things?

Incidentally, that was the first day I got to meet Maria in person! We started reading each other's blogs a while ago, and found out we had a mutual friend (SuperAmazingMommy). It's not too hard to find that you have mutual friends when you live on an island like we do. Maria and I are both "Island transplants" (as some people have dubbed non-Islanders). We've chatted on the phone, we've been FB-ing and she's the one who made Little One's amazing Baptism cake and Birthday cake!
Isn't she talented?! If you live on the Island and have a special occasion, Maria is the person you want to make your cakes!!! They're gorgeous cakes and so delicious! Everyone at Little One's 1st Birthday party and Baptism loved them! Gorgeous!

I had no doubt that Maria and I would hit it off. It was like hanging out with an old friend. It felt like we had known each other forever!

I am so looking forward to my next key lime pie date with SuperAmazingMommy and Maria.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Mmmmm....Key Lime Pie....it always makes me think of the episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 where Kate surprises Jon with a trip for his birthday.

BusyMamma said...

that pie makes we want to take that 8 hour drive from TO to the island!! YUMMY!

Unknown said...

Christine:
I heard about that episode! Hmmmm...I wonder how Jon and Kate's kids are doing now. I can't imagine what it's like growing up in the public eye like that.

Unknown said...

Dina:
:) Well, we would love for you guys to come visit us again! :)

It takes us 6 hrs to drive from the Island to TO. Oh, wait! That was before the baby. Now it takes us an hour more just for diaper changes and feedings.

I remember when we had to take her to Sick Kids when she was 3 or 4 months old, it took is 9 hrs! At that time, she wanted to nurse every 2 hrs or so. LOL!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails