Sunday, October 03, 2010

I'm Happy


This may sound really cheesy, but I woke up this morning feeling really blessed. Life isn't perfect, but it's pretty close! My house is always a mess these days. My 22 month old is constantly whining and clinging to me now that I'm teaching ESL again. She's also been keeping me up late and waking me up insanely early because she is cutting her molars. I'm having a hard time with lesson planning, researching, article writing, keeping the toddler happy, making sure all the household chores are taken care of, rushing home to cook supper, do dishes, do laundry and everything else.

Somehow though, I know everything will be okay. We've got a healthy, happy, kooky little girl whom no one believes was a preemie. She makes me laugh with all the funny things she comes up with.

She tries to use chopsticks to eat.

She "teaches" us to nod our head "yes" and then claps her hands emphatically and laughs.

At our friends' wedding last night, she was a dancing machine!

I'm in love with my little monkey. Oh, and with my husband too (of course)!

Though life sometimes gets a bit overwhelming, I'm fortunate and I'm happy.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Blessings Christine!!!
It is so good to reflected sometimes...I need to do this more often!

BusyMamma said...

it is important to sit back and reflect on all the wonderful blessings we have in our lives. I will try to take a note from your page and look at the positives rather than focus on what I can't control (my mess and my lack of time etc!!! )

Cherry said...

Check out the hot mama in that picture!

It is so easy to get wrapped up in all of life's todo lists, but stopping to really think about the good is so important.

Hugs to you! ok, gotta go dig out from under my own to do list ;-)

caninecologne said...

sometimes we have to take the time and really be thankful for what we have.

great family photo by the way!

Unknown said...

Christine:
I need to do it more often too. I *know* how blessed I am. I just have to remind myself some days! LOL!

Unknown said...

Me:
Oh, I *try* to keep positive and usually I'm good at it :) Occasionally I go through fits of madness though! LOL! Ummm...Like when I clean until the house is spotless and moments later the toddler destroys everything! Or when I'm completely exhausted from work, toddler, laundry, supper...and then have to stay up late to wash dishes. I envy my friends and family who have nannies and housekeepers. *sigh*

Unknown said...

Cherry:
Awww! You are so sweet! I <3 you!

Unknown said...

Canine:
Thank you, thank you. You are so right too. Always good to take time to be thankful. Miss you guys! BTW, can you send me an e-mail with a list of items you'd like again? I lost the original list and wanted to send your care package now that it's no longer hot and your Coffee Crisps won't melt! LOL!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails