Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Everything's Changing


We went from reading books to Little One...


 ...to Little One "reading" stories to us.


She went from having a really sweet nursery and being in a crib...

 ...to being in a big girl bed!

 She's growing up so quickly and I have to say that I miss my little baby. I'm enjoying the toddler years, but cannot believe how fast the years are flying by! 2 years old already. That's crazy!

She mimics everything we do and she asserts her independence. She demonstrates her likes and dislikes, and she  has no qualms about letting us know what she thinks. She is into everything...a walking disaster waiting to happen...always making me clean the house very inquisitive. She says the funniest things like, "BABY!!!" while pointing at her grandmother's tummy. *sigh*

The time between babyhood and school age years is just so precious and short. I just want to savour every moment. We can never get this time with our kids back. Remind me I said this the next time I complain about how exhausted I am! ;)



11 comments:

Calfkeeper said...

I feel your pain. Mine will be FOUR years old this month. Time goes by so fast. She has pretend friends and plays that thye are going to school. She tries my patience every day by pushing the boundaries and insisting on having her way, every time, all the time. But the things she says are so funny, the stuff they come up with at this age is hilarious.

Yes, C, you're right; we need to enjoy every minute, we can't ever get them back.
R

Dragonfly said...

LOL, Time to start on #2!!!

Frau Guten Tag said...

They are tough years, but they are precious years. I have days where I feel like a complete & total failure as a mother (I am a perfectionist, I just can't help myself) but I wouldn't trade motherhood for ANYTHING in the world. I am doing my best to treasure every moment as best I can.

Rick Rockhill said...

And aren't you glad you've been blogging right along to have a record of it all?

Stephanie said...

Oh I so relate with this post! My baby is 12 now. 12!! How did this happen:)

Unknown said...

CK:
Wow! Incredible! How can E be FOUR already?!?!?! How do you deal with the trying of your patience and pushing boundaries? Any tips?

Unknown said...

Dragonfly:
Ummm...yeah. That seems to be the general consensus! LOL! ;)

Unknown said...

Frau:
:) I hear ya!

Unknown said...

Rick:
I sure am! This will all be great to look back on one of these days :) Funny, since I never intended on blogging about this stuff. It all sort of just happened.

Unknown said...

MM:
12! TWELVE!!! Wow! How DID that happen??? :) You are now the proud parent of an almost teenager!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails