Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Green and Canadian! It's Planet Echo!


As a Mom, I am very mindful of what my child is exposed to. Whether it's the chemicals in produce, the unnatural ingredients in processed foods, harmful UV rays, or even shows on TV, I try to keep her health and well being in mind and offer her body and mind as much wholesome food as I can.  Some may balk at me being a bit fussy about what my child eats. I get the "No sugar? No junk food at all? Oh, Mom. You are so mean!" (actually, "mean" is one of the kinder adjectives used!). I also get the "Aren't you being a little bit overly cautious about the UV rays?" when I cover my toddler up with a wide brimmed hat and a full cover swimsuit!  Some may also think I'm a bit "weird" for not wanting my two year old to watch too much TV.

I want my daughter to enjoy the world around her and appreciate the environment which she lives in. She appreciates the lakes and forests that surround us on the beautiful island we live on. She also loves the animals (on our farm and in the wild) that she sees each day.
Yes, as a parent, there are so many things we need to consider when it comes to what we expose our children to. When I was told about a fabulous kids' show called Planet Echo, I just had to check it out!
The show is fantastic for kids of all ages (including moms who care about our planet)! In brief, Planet Echo follows the wild and wacky adventures of two brothers - Chuck and Andy.  The characters make the show interesting with their fun personalities, but viewers are conscious of the environmental theme to the show too. Another thing I was highly impressed with was the Canadian history and culture present in Planet Echo. With Chuck and Andy's background being French Canadian/Aboriginal, there is a lot of interesting information for young viewers to learn.

Not only is Planet Echo a fun show, but it is a wonderful teaching tool as well. What better way to teach our children about our country and our planet than by engaging in some fun and informative lessons with them? Even my toddler was interested in learning how to make dirty water clean...and she's only two years old!!!

myplanetecho.com is a great website with plenty of  games and fun for kids (especially great for kids between the ages of 7 and 12, but even my 2 year old loves the videos and games when she watches with me). Of course, my husband loves the show too! All the facts and trivia are right up his alley!


Now that I've been introduced to Planet Echo, I think I'll be using the show for my ESL students too! It's a fantastic tool for students whose first language is not English. It helps improve their listening skills, vocabulary acquisition, and it gives them a healthy dose of Canadian culture and history at the same time! I am so excited that I've been introduced to Planet Echo! (Thanks, Mama Crumb!)

I hope you get a chance to check out this brilliant kids' show on APTN! If you do check out, let me know what you think! :)

* Disclaimer - For blogging about/reviewing Planet Echo, I received a $25 gift card for www.fenigo.com, a wonderful "green" Canadian mom-run company. All the opinions on this blog are my own.

2 comments:

DW said...

That is very cool! Thank you for sharing the link!

C said...

DW:
:) Glad you enjoyed it!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails