Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Toddlers Make Me Laugh


Many of you know that I teach ESL (English as a Second Language) and the students live with us on our farm. Having a toddler and a house full of people all the time can prove to be very *interesting* at times.

Last night, Hubby and The Student were assembling some new furniture for me when Little One saw them crouched on the floor, working hard at putting things together. She ran to her room, grabbed a diaper, and hurried back to the living room. She rather earnestly tried to put the diaper on The Student while he was on all fours! It was the funniest thing! He kept telling her, "Oh, no! I don't need a diaper! No thank  you!"
On the weekend, I was madly trying to clean my stove and oven. Little One was *helping* me. I was using an old toothbrush to get into the corners of the oven. All of a sudden, Little One yelled, "SPIT!" when she saw the toothbrush...and then she spat on my oven.
 My parents and my mother-in-law take turns taking care of Little One when I'm teaching. MIL has her on Mondays and my parents have her the rest of the week.
When I came home from work on Monday, Little One ran  up to the front door and was so excited to see me! She then started waving to my MIL and said, "Bye-Bye Grandma! Bye-Bye! Go now, Grandma." My poor MIL! I hadn't even taken my boots off and Little One was rushing her out the door! I was so embarrassed!
A few days ago, Little One ran up to me and said
"[The Student's real name] HARD-ON!"
She kept repeating "Hard on! Hard on! Hard on, Mama!" while pointing at The Student. I was mortified! It just so happened that The Student had a heart sticker stuck to his jeans! Little One was trying to tell us that he had a "heart on"!
Little One has an obsession with stickers now (thanks to my friend, BakingMomma). For some reason, Little One prefers putting stickers on her face, hands, arms...and anywhere just as long as it's not on paper. I find stickers in random, obscure places (like on my socks or on The Student's jeans).

Ah! Gotta love toddlers! They make life anything but boring!

6 comments:

Robyn said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! I nearly peed when I read about the "____ HARD ON".

Too funny!

J said...

I hope Student didn't know what Hard On means...he would have been MORTIFIED.

Unknown said...

Robyn:
LOL! I know. Kids say the craziest things!

Unknown said...

J:
EMBARRASSING!!! The Student had no idea what "Hard On" meant. I was hoping he wouldn't ask me...but he did. Yikes. Awkward! LOL!

caninecologne said...

hi c! OMG, heh heh, HARD ON!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HILARIOUS!!!!!

That must have been fun explaining that to the student....

just like how i had to explain the zebra to TC. remember that?

Unknown said...

Canine:
BAHAHAHAHA! Almost forgot about the zebra incident! LOL!! OMG! Too funny! Ummm...The Student asked what it meant. GAH!!! LOL! Had to explain it. I think I was more embarrassed than he was. Awkward.

Let's set up a phone date soon. Haven't chatted in ages! xx

From Our Farm to Your Table

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails