Wednesday, March 20, 2013

International Day of Happiness & @eatingarainbow



Since today is International Day of Happiness, I was thinking about things that contribute to my happiness and things that I do to make others happy.

Things that make me happy

  • Sunshine and blue skies
  • My smiley little girl
  • Daily walks with my canine baby, Chance
  • My husband surprising me by occasionally doing something thoughtful like doing the dishes after supper or making me a cup of tea
  • A delicious, healthy meal
  • Being with the people I love most
  • Seeing my little one with her grandparents
  • A good dinner party
  • SPRING!
Things that I do to make others happy
  • Cook delicious meals for loved ones
  • Send a quick note, text, DM, tweet, FB post to say hello
  • Be positive and not get caught up in negative energy
  • Random acts of kindess
  • Smile 
I may not have a tremendous impact on others, but hope that even the smallest gestures make a difference to those I interact with.

One thing that made Little One extremely happy was this video that Veggie Girl sent her.
Click to play this Smilebox invite
Create your own invite - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free digital invite

Veggie Girl's Mom is a lovely friend of mine and she had heard about how sad Little One was when her friends told her that veggies are "disgusting". If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that Little One absolutely loves vegetables and fruit! Her favourite veggies are broccoli, cucumber, spinach, okra, green beans, and zucchini. 

If you haven't had the chance to meet Kia and Hannah, they're the dynamic duo behind Today I Ate a Rainbow. They make Healthy Eating fun for kids! To find out more about them, check them out here. To purchase a Rainbow Kit, visit their site here.

Thank you SO much, Kia and Hannah! Your video made my little girl very happy. I don't know how many times she has watched your video! Numerous times! That's for sure!

1 comments:

Eve said...

that is so sweet. what a feel good post.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails