Thursday, June 15, 2006

reunited


This wedding's going to serve a few purposes. One: it's the union of J and me and the beginning of our life together. Two: it's a reunion of families and friends who have not seen each other in ages. Three: it's a get away from problems for some. Manitoulin means "God's land" in Ojibway language. It's the perfect place to collect your thoughts, refresh and pamper yourself and it's just plain 'ol good for the soul, body and mind.

The wedding guests have slowly started trickling in. My wonderful grandmother is here along with some of my mom's fam who are helping out before the wedding. One of my bridesmaids is here with her significant other. Kell and I have been friends since we were 16, so it's only fitting that she would stand up with me on my special day. Things have been busy busy today with all the running around.

I think I'm feeling a little anxious or over excited because I was kinda sick today. I had the weird tummy prob, feeling dizzy, etc.

Can't wait til tomorrow for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Most of my family will be here by then and we're having a huge BBQ party a la filipino style. Music, lots of talking, dancing..rehashing of childhood stories..I love it! I am sooo happy right now :)

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails