Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Home sweet home


I love going on little trips, but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed after being away for some time. Our little jaunt included a trip to the Outdoor Farm Show in Woodstock, and we visited friends and family in Clinton, Toronto, Richmond Hill, Kingston and Barrie.

It was so nice to catch up with everyone. J and I don't have much free time, nor are we able to really leave (life on the farm..always busy and can't get away because there's always work to be done and the cattle can't take care of themselves). Anyhooooooooz, we were able to schmooze with loved ones and I got to finally meet D's little guy! Ohhh he's such a handsome boy and his cheeks are so yummy!!

Lele and I went shopping for maternity clothes at Old Navy. They've got HOTTTT stuff there that will make all mommies look great!! Love it! Lele's 4 months preggo now and is starting to pop! I say she's popped, but they don't think she's officially popped. By popped, I mean that moment where you just know a woman's preggo by looking at her...when her belly starts to show..you know :) J was joking around with Lele, saying that once the inny's an outie it means it's done (the bun's out of the oven) LOL. Those two are crazy when they're together..they were talking about my SIL's belly button (hence the inny and outie thing).

Spent some time with my little bro too. He came over to my other bro's and SIL's. We ordered a pizza. Bu asked J what he wanted for supper and the guy said, "PIZZAAAAA!!" We don't get to order pizza..no pizza delivery on the island...nor do we get to indulge in fast food or junk food ofte. Anyway, J jumped at the opportunity but I assure you, if we lived in the city, the novelty would wear off fast! Anywayyyy, the point is, we got to spend time with my little brother and eat pizza and sing karaoke. Gosh, I miss that kid. He's a univ student and always so busy. The kid hardly has time to call or e-mail his big sister. He didn't even tell me he had a girlfriend!! The little bugger! Guess you can say I'm suffering from separation anxiety. I just love that kid. He lives way too far from home. All I can say is he better be coming home for Thanksgiving!!!

Ohhh so psyched! Got me a big yellow "Farmers Feed Cities" sign to nail to our mail box post!! That's me :) Once I'm hooked on a cause, I'm hooked! Will post a pic of our new sign when I get one! (Also got a Farmers Feed Cities sticker on my SUV)

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails