Saturday, September 02, 2006

I think I'm in love...


The other day, I just happened to have the TV on while doing 4 loads of laundry and Oprah was on. I had the TV on for background noise, but stopped to watch a bit because there was a guest on her show that surprised me. Everytime I'm in my SUV, I hear this beautiful song play on the radio. I never knew who the singer was or what the name of the song was, but all I know is that I just love it.

I found out that the singer is a very mild mannered James Blunt and the song is entitled "You're Beautiful". His lyrics make me want to cry (because that's the sort of sappy person I am). He also told the story behind the song. "It's kind of miserable," James says with a grin. "It was about seeing my ex-girlfriend on the Underground in London with her new man who I didn't know existed. She and I caught eyes and lived a lifetime in that moment, but didn't do anything about it and haven't seen each other since." Soooo sad.

I'm sure many of us have experiences where we have been torn --trying to let go of a former partner or losing a former partner or even just knowing that you can't be together and that it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, I'm in love with James Blunt's music. He played another tear jerker called "Goodbye My Lover" and that just about got me hooked. I need to buy the CD!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful, you're beautiful, you're beautiful, it's true. I saw your face in a crowded place and I don't know what to do. Cause I will never be with you...

Unknown said...

Ummmmmmm...thanks? LOL

Ms. Mamma said...

maybe i'm pms-ing here but that was a damn beautiful post, C! what a fine story, behind the scenes.

Unknown said...

Thanks. Ms. Mamma! Don't you agree though? I'm sure we've all felt that way about someone (or some people) in the past. Saying goodbye..or not saying goodbye to someone...eding things or not ending things when they ought to have been ended. I'm sure everyone thinks about all the 'what ifs' in life. I used to think I'd always think about the what ifs...but they don't really seem to matter anymore :) Hmm...maybe I'M PMS-ing ir beig over-dramatic!! lol

It's kind of like that movie with Gwyneth Paltrow, "Sliding Doors". It's amazing how each of our decisions can impact the course of our lives. Like, what would have happened if I had stayed in Toronto? I'd never have met my husband. I'd probably still be in limbo about everything...

Anyway, this is way too cerebral for the afternoon :)
Ciao bella!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails