Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Husband and My Friend Have Secrets from Me


It's been going on for about a month now. Random phone calls, unexpected visits at odd hours, and general weirdness between my husband and one of my closest friends. She never calls to talk to him and all of a sudden she's only calling for him. They'd utter something about her car being fixed and that sort of thing, so I never really gave much thought about their recent conversations.

My friend took me out for coffee (well, a Chai latte with soy milk) yesterday and made me go on some running around/errands with her after we finished work. When we got to my place, there were lots of cars in our lane way.

When I entered my house, I was greeted with this...
Everyone was wearing togas and the house was transformed into what looked like the Greek Acropolis. My friend's husband slaved all day in the kitchen, preparing all of my favourite Greek dishes. He even marinated olives! Amazing!
My husband, my friend (and two other friends of ours) managed to pull off the most amazing surprise party ever. I have no idea how they managed, because I'm usually in the know about everything! They did a spectacular job!

My husband also got me a gorgeous piece from Mo'Lovely Creations. I had been lusting over a particular necklace for a while now...and he got it for me!




 Yes, there was even a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!! Heaven = A seemingly endless flow of chocolate along with all the fruit and other edible items to dip!


 Even Little One donned a toga (which sort of looked like a cape on her)!
My amazing birthday cake was made by Ultimately Chocolate. It was a total hit with everyone! Some people even asked for a second serving! YUM!
To think, I was worried about turning 35. 35 isn't that bad after all. In fact, 35 is pretty amazing. Thanks to everyone involved in making my birthday a very special and memorable one.

7 comments:

caninecologne said...

What an awesome surprise!!! That's so cool how your husband and friend pulled this off! :) I'm sure this will go down in history as one of your most memorable birthdays ever! Here's to many more birthdays to come!!!

Rick Rockhill said...

Well now, isnt THAT sweet! What a good hubby.

hotmommy said...

hey lady! happy birthday to you dear friend. wish we were closer to help celebrate but by the looks you had a terrrrrifffic time ! maybe see you when you head down south? called to wish you a happy bday but no answer. musta been all those bday phone calls mrs popularity! i'll try again tomorrow..

Jackie said...

How wonderful! Dear sweet Val did in fact invite us, but we had hockey..... we may never have coffee together=(

Sreisaat said...

What a cool, cool surprise! Belated happy birthday, C.


Sreisaat Adventures

Barbara said...

I love that you were given a surprise toga bday party! 35 is a wonderful age! It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Happy Bday!

Peace!

Karen MEG said...

Fantastic - what a lovely surprise!

Happy birthday, Chrissy - you all look great in those togas. Enjoy 35 - it only gets better ;)!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails