Friday, April 29, 2011

Who Knew That It Could Feel So Good


...to brush one's teeth?

Brushing, flossing, rinsing, and daily oral care is something we do to prevent tooth decay, and maintain a healthy smile. Did you know 72% of Canadians think that an unattractive smile or poor oral hygiene equal a barrier to professional success? 5% of people say that they have experienced discrimination because of their smile.

"National Oral Health Month this April, Crest and Oral-B reveal the 2011 Crest and Oral-B Great Canadian Smile Survey with new insights on how Canadians perceive oral care, smile attractiveness and what it means to have a healthy smile".  I realize I am  just under the wire here, since today is the last day of April, but I wanted to share this with you.  Did you even know that April is National Oral Health Month? 

In the 2011 Crest and Oral-B Great Canadian Smile Survey, survey respondents were asked what the most important factor was in determining the attractiveness of others.  33% said that the smile was the most important. A close second were eyes at 30% and physical fitness ranked third with 18%.

When asked what my biggest oral health concern, I worry about gum disease and fighting gingivitis. I don't know why, but it's just something I'm really paranoid about. I diligently brush my toddler's teeth, especially since she  now has a full set of teeth! Though we brush in the morning and before bed, I know we should be brushing and flossing after meals as well. This is something I'm going to work on.
I was given a customized oral care package from Crest and Oral-B for sharing what my biggest oral health concern was.
I was given Crest Pro-Health toothpaste, Crest Pro-Health mouthwash, and an Oral B Professional Care Electric Toothbrush.

I have to say that I never knew brushing my teeth could feel so good. The soft bristles are gentle on teeth and gums and the pressure sensor stops pulsations when you are brushing too hard. It removes 2x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. My teeth and mouth feel as clean as if just left the dentist's office.


What’s your top oral health concern? Are you worried about gum disease and/or treating gingivitis? Do you want to whiten up your smile? Or, is fighting plaque and tarter build-up your main concern?

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails