Monday, July 04, 2011

A Weekend in Pictures


Canada Day long weekend began with a trip across the water from the Island to Tobermory.
Since we have students with us this summer, we thought it would be a great occasion to spend the day in Tobermory, walk around, grab something to eat for lunch, check out all the neat little shops, go on a glass bottom boat tour of the shipwrecks, explore and walk around Flower Pot Island, and make it back to the Island on the last boat so we could catch the fireworks in South Baymouth.
 
 
The Blue Heron V - The boat that took us on our tour of the shipwrecks
 
 
We saw lots of beautiful waterfront homes. It kind of reminded me of Dawson's Creek. Remember that show? I have always wanted to have a home on the water!
Above: Photo of one of the shipwrecks
Below: Little One and me in our red and white for Canada Day
Approaching Flower Pot Island
 
I had no idea we'd be boarding the Zephyr. I was adamantly against taking the Zephyr or the Zodiac, because I'm a big chicken and they didn't look safe enough to take a toddler on. Okay, I'm just a big chicken.
Little did I know, we had to take them anyway! The Blue Heron V brought us close to Flower Pot Island, but we had to take the Zephyr to get to the island!
I don't know why I was so worried. It was fine. I have to try to tame my own fears so not to project them onto my daughter. She loves boats. In fact, she is obsessed with boats and tells me, "I want to go on boat, Mama" every morning!

Look! We made it!
We passed my dream house on our way back. There were some stunning houses and some even had observation decks on the roof! I keep hinting to my husband that he really wants to sell the farm and get a house on the water! ;) Just kidding!

Of course, we couldn't let our ESL student return to South Korea without sampling something truly Canadian. The Beaver Tail.

We made it back to the Island in time to catch the fireworks display. It was brilliant - even better than I had expected. Each year they seem to get better and better.

Saturday began with a birthday party for one of Little One's friends. He turned 4 on Saturday and the theme for his party was "BUGS"! I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'm deathly afraid of insects!!! Clowns, heights, insects, and small spaces freak me out.

It was a great party. The kids had fun. Little One didn't want to leave, but we had a Canada Day parade to rush to. After the parade, we went home for a little rest and then headed back to South Bay for the fish fry.

Sunday was a scorcher, so we spent the afternoon at the beach. Little One just loves the sand and crystal clear water. We are so fortunate to live so close to such gorgeous beaches.


Hanging out with the students. Little One is always around people and enjoys the company.

Sunday evening was spent with Daddy too! Daddy's always so busy, so it was a treat to have him for a few hours. We took the boat out on the lake for a little cruise.


What a lovely way to end the long weekend.

8 comments:

J said...

Wow, what a wonderful, beautiful place you live! It looks like you had a really great weekend. I'm glad you were out and about and enjoyed it so much. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thanks, J!
Hope you guys had a great 4th of July! Happy Anniversary to you and Ted! xoxox

merinz said...

Thank you for including us in your long weekend! It looks a beautiful part of the world!

BTW we have a new addition to the family - a little grand daughter born 4th July! Brings the count to four, two boys (the twins) and two girls.

Unknown said...

Oooooh! Congrats, Merinz!!!! That is exciting news!

I was just thinking how amazing it is that you and I have been blogging and corresponding even before Little One was born! You've been able to see her grow via the blog! I think you and I have been blogging together even before I was pregnant! :) Lots of love xoxo

louann said...

What a busy but fun weekend C!

Unknown said...

Louann:
Hello, my lovely! Yes, busy weekend! Seems EVERY weekend in the summer is crazy busy! Not complaining though! :) How are you?? xoxox

merinz said...

yes I am still around! We do go back a long way. And your life has changed dramatically since then.

Mine too in that I have given up work, and our Grand children have all been born!

I am not blogging quite so much any more, but still read my favourite blogs!

Unknown said...

Merinz:
I miss you, dear friend! Let's have a catch up session sometime soon! XOXOXO

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails