Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Press Pause for Family


This year has been my first year teaching ESL again since I gave birth to Little One. I can honestly say that being a mom, a farmer's wife, an ESL teacher (among many other things), I've noticed just how valuable time with family is. There never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything done or to be everything to everyone. Little One craves my attention and I am reminded of the need to "Press Pause" and take time for family...even when you're exhausted from everything else.

Now that Summer is here, our weekends are filled with countless baby showers, birthday parties, weddings, and other special occasions. Every weekend of the Summer has been booked with one thing or another. Thanks to Hallmark, we've got all our bases covered!

As part of the Hallmark Press Pause Panel, I have the opportunity to sample and review some fabulous Hallmark products.  Hallmark has been a trusted brand in our family ever since I can remember. With thoughtful greeting cards for every occasion to keepsakes to pass down to family members (photo frames, albums, etc), they've got something special for every loved one on your list.
 
I was excited (and shocked) to receive this in the mail! It is now one of my absolute favourite items in our house.
I love my new family tree from Hallmark! The branches can hold little picture frames that hang from them. Photos of the special people in your life can be put in the frames and displayed on this gorgeous tree. It makes a great focal point/centre piece/conversation piece!

I would definitely get this family tree for any of my friends or even for my mom, aunts, or grandmother. Anyone who loves displaying photos of their family would love this beautiful family tree.
I have to admit that ever since I gave birth to Little One, I've been addicted to scrapbooking and memory keeping. Hallmark now has a variety of amazing Recordable Memory Albums. You can relive stories from behind favourite photos and preserve them in an album. How cool is that? Little One can replay stories that go with the photos of all of her favourite people (Ahem! Grampy and cousin Kenny!).
 
We received this adorable Kids Recordable Memory Album and a Disney Recordable Storybook with Sound. Little One immediately went for the What Makes a Princess? storybook! She loves the Disney princesses and she LOVES books! 
Little One and I read lots and lots of books together. I think we go through a dozen books each night. She'd have me read all of her books if I let her! The beauty of the recordable storybooks is that I can record my voice reading the book and if for some reason I'm not able to read to Little One at night, Daddy can either read the book to her or play my voice reading it!

 
I now have lots of great gift ideas for all occasions! I appreciate thoughtful gifts and what can be more special than helping preserve all those amazing memories with loved ones? I love the recordable storybooks for kids, scrapbooks, photo albums, picture frames, gifts for all occasions, and of course the greeting cards!

For more gift ideas, check out the Hallmark website.
 
Disclosure: I’m part of the Hallmark Press Pause Panel and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh I love that family tree! And love the idea of recordable photo books! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas! Ha and the pictures of LO abnd her sippy cup! You can tell someone is a Born Free mom! I love it!

C said...

Chantal:
My pleasure! I absolutely love all the Hallmark products! I love the family tree! I just need to get the little picture frames to hang on them now :)

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails