Thursday, September 06, 2007

Throwback Thursday #12


Every week, I look forward to posting my Throwback Thursdays and checking out other blog members' photos and stories. It always amazes me how this wonderful trend (which was initiated by the girls at Pinks and Blues) has become such a large part of many people's blogs around the world.

In this set you will find some of my favourite photos. The first one is of Dad feeding me when I was only a few days old. I was only 5 lbs. 6 oz when I was born and my poor Mom was in labour for almost a day! I had jaundice and I was colicky. Being first time parents, sleep deprived, and having to deal with a baby that cried all the time because of colic was just so hard on them. They survived though :) My grandmother lost a few pounds and dropped a few dress sizes when she came to help my Mom with me!

I love this next photo of Dad and me. Check out the glasses! Dad and I were buddies when I was little. We even wore matching tees!

Fast forward twenty years (OMG...it sounds scary to say that! It makes me sound so old!). Here we are on Dad's visit to Japan. I was teaching in Japan for two years and halfway through, I got homesick. Dad was on a business trip in Hong Kong and made a pit stop to see me for a week. I was soooooo happy to see him. I really miss the time we spent together in Japan. It was really special. I don't think I have ever spent that much time alone with Dad ever. I learned that he was funny, fun, crazy...when all along I always knew him as being super strict and all about work, education and business. We went bar hopping together and stayed out late going to Karaoke bars, singing really bad 80's songs with my friends.
This photo was taken in the mountains. One of my very good Japanese friends knew my Dad loved plants and flowers, so she took us to this really beautiful place in the countryside.

Just a shot of me in my very little apartment. That one room was my living room, dining room, and bedroom!

This last photo was taken last year. What an emotional day.


7 comments:

BusyMamma said...

what a special post!! dad and daughter relationships are so special!!!
one of these days i'll have to start up the TT posts again!!!

Cherry said...

I have got to get my hands on my parent's photo album's and scan them. I have to show you how similar we looked as toddlers! Although maybe all Chinese baby girls look the same.

Ahh the father-daughter bond. Precious!

Uncivil said...

That's a good pic of you and your Dad dancing on the wedding day!

Unknown said...

Dina:
I'd love to see more of your TT pics! You and your bro were such cute kids...and sooooooooo blonde!!! :) Old pics are so much fun!

Cherry:
I'd LOVE to see your pics! :P I wonder if Chinese baby girls really do look the same! :) LOL!

louann said...

Oh I love the last picture :) Precious.

*JUst a note: the letters I had to type to confirm my comment were : itays. Which in Filipino means "Dads" (plural of Dad I mean).

Anonymous said...

Your flat looks bigger than mine! And they call these flats in Japan "mansions"! What were you eating in the photograph with you sitting at your kotetsu? Looks like some 7eleven 'combini' food! {{{{{{LOL}}}}}} I don't care what anyone says, but 7eleven onigiri and oden are deliciously good when you're in from a good piss up!

-Pete

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful relationship you have with your dad. Thank you for sharing these pictures (I've seen some before, but they are always so great to see, no matter how many times I see them)!!

Jane, P&B Girls

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails