Sunday, December 18, 2011

36 Things


Here we are again. Another year older. Here are 36 things about me:

1. I am very fortunate to have such a great family and good friends.

2. I need to appreciate my blessings more.

3. I need to focus less on things that are beyond my control.

4. I need to learn how to make time for myself and for my family.

5. Now that I'm no longer in my 20s, I realize anything more than one glass of wine or one cocktail does me in for the night.

6. I would really like to stay in with my family more and hang out at home more.

7. I thrive on being busy and have a hard time just chilling out.

8. I get really irritated with mess and hate it when my house is in disarray.

9. I  have a 3 year old who insists on keeping the house in complete disarray.

10. I never realized how difficult it would be to live on a farm and to be a farmer's wife.

11. I love our life and know that this is fabulous for our child.

12. I also get stressed out about our lifestyle. Farming is not easy.

13. I am surrounded by so many amazing, wonderful people and I am thankful to have each and every one of them in my life.

14. I was always worried about all the things George Orwell talked about in his book, "1984".

15. Now, my life is all about social media. What would Orwell think of this? Yikes!

16. I never knew how exhausting (mentally and physically) it would be to potty train a toddler.

17. Sometimes I think about how fun and free my life once was and how I miss traveling and living/working abroad.

18. Then I realize how much I love the security of knowing that my home is here and that I  have a wonderful husband and daughter at home.

19. I am still toying with the idea of having a second child.

20. Part of me really wants to have a sibling for Little One.

21. The other part dreads having another baby because life is really crazy right now.

22. I'm on the fence about enrolling Little One in school next year.

23. Part of me is excited and thinks Little One is ready for school, but the other part thinks, "She's only 3, all day/5 days a week and a very long bus ride just seems too much for someone so little".

24. I also don't want to let  her go yet, because I feel as though she needs time to just be a kid and the majority of her life she will be in school. I'd like to keep her "mine" for a bit longer.

25. I love cooking for my family and friends.

26. I hate doing dishes.

27. I love doing laundry.

28. I hate putting laundry away.

29. I need to practice being more patient.

30. Whining and screaming really annoy me.

31. I miss my grandmother and wish I could be in the Philippines with her right now.

32. I love love driving and the 9.5 hour and 11 hour road trips to visit family are fun for me.

33. I hate driving in the city.

34. I still suck at reverse parking and parallel parking.

35. I have great intentions, but lately I'm lacking in the execution side of things. I've had Christmas cards ready to be sent out in the first week of December, yet here they are still sitting on my desk. New Year's cards it is then!

36. I thought I was turning 37 this year and was slightly relieved that I'm just 36. I don't know why. Age is just a number. :)

This year, my husband and friends planned a wonderful surprise for me.
READ MORE HERE.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I love "what would George Orwell think of social media".

I had a year I thought I was turning 25. I was devastated on my birthday to realize I was only turning 24. I told everyone all year I was going to be 25?!

Have another kid. :) If you end up at Mount Sinai again, I'll come visit. :) I need to make the decision here too, but I'm good at giving other people advice! LOL

Keep R-A home with you if you have the luxury to! Or enroll her, but only send her every other day. JK/SK is NOT mandatory in Ontario! All-day IS long. I wish they still did 1/2 day JK/SK but understand the childcare needs due to both parents working in most households.

Oh, and Happy Birthday! :) (I'm only two years younger...)

caninecologne said...

Happy Birthday C! Did you get my text? Gosh, that sounds so impersonal! There is a package en route to you guys. It has your bday gift as well as one for LO and your Xmas gifts. :)

Age is just a number! I think you're a fabulous and talented lady who is a great mom and a wonderful friend!

word ver:

timon

(wasn't that the name of the meerkat in "The Lion King"? as in Puumba the warthog's best friend?)

Kimberly said...

I was at an independant medical exam before my court date and the doctor asked me how old I was...
"28" I said.
Then like 10 minutes later it dawned on me that I was 31.
So I had to correct myself.
Yea...liar liar pants on fire. DOH.
Lovely list.
I hate laundry too. And dishes.
If I had a million dollars I'd pay someone to do it for me. Kidding. I'd just buy a dishwasher.

Yea we don't have one.
But I do have lovely Palmolive hands.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails