Wednesday, December 07, 2011

#EqualCanada and #CBias - The Hunt Continues!


With the rush of the busy holiday season and shopping for special presents for our loved ones, a break from the hustle and bustle is always a welcomed treat.  After spending the day going from store to store, my friend, toddler, and I decided to stop in at Tim Horton's. It's the perfect reprieve from a busy day! The holiday season is my favourite time of the year, but I have to admit, it can get a little crazy, chaotic, and overstimulating.

I have a confession.  One of my guilty pleasures when out and about is a half French Vanilla/Half Hot Chocolate at Tim Horton's.  I know, it sounds like a really odd request.  If you try it, you'll know why I always order it!
I asked Little One what she wanted.  I thought she was going to ask for a chocolate milk for her treat.
She went straight for the glass display case and picked out a chocolate chunk cookie. Funny, since she doesn't normally like cookies!
My friend ordered a coffee. She doesn't take any sugar in her coffee.  Curious, I asked if the manager if they had any sugar substitutes. He flashed a big, bright smile and said, "Of course!"

When he passed us the sweetener, I asked if that was the only one they offered.  He replied, "Yes. This is the only one we have to offer our customers."  I then asked why and he quickly responded with, "That's the brand we get from our supplier. It's the only one we have."

I asked if they would consider carrying Equal Low Calories Sweetener in the future and he said, "Well, I think it's a HQ thing. We only serve what we are given. All our products are ordered through our supplier, and this is what they carry." He also said that no one has ever asked him about getting in alternatives before. He said he doesn't know why they carry one brand and not the other, but that the only reason he could think of was because that is what the suppliers have chosen.

Fair enough. He was so patient and very good at answering all my questions. I even filled out a comment card, asking about the possibility for including Equal  as another option for customers.
Two thumbs up for the Tim Horton's on Notre Dame St. in Sudbury, Ontario!  The one minor thing that I would suggest would be to have a few different options for sugar substitutes available for customers. Other than that, it was a perfect little break from a very busy day!

This is actually the second time I've participated in an #EqualCanada #CBias opportunity, and this is the second time I have been unsuccessful in finding a location/venue that offers Equal. I find myself on the constant lookout whenever I'm out now. I keep checking to see whether coffee shops or restaurants carry different options. I am determined to find a spot that offers Equal. I've even got my husband and friends in on the challenge whenever they're out for coffee!
For more information on Equal, check out their website and join in the conversation on Twitter @EqualCanada and Equal Canada on Facebook!

Disclosure - This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. I have also been compensated for participating in this #CBias #EqualCanada opportunity.

3 comments:

Tammi @ My Organized Chaos said...

half French Vanilla/Half Hot Chocolate? I'll have to try that?
Have you tried their French Vanilla Cappuccino Supreme? That's my guilty pleasure!! So addicting!

Tammi
My Organized Chaos

Anonymous said...

the Tims I go to has both Sweet and Low and Splenda!

C said...

Anon:
Really?!?! That is awesome that the Tim's you go to has other options! The four I frequent all have the same ONE. :(

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails