Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oops! I Did It Again!


I don't know what possessed me to do it.

Parents all over the world do it every day.

We commit this unspeakable crime all the time. We think it's our God given right to do this to our children.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I am talking about butchering our children's hair!

Unless you are a professional hair dresser, please put the scissors down.

My little one's hair was getting quite long, but I didn't want to cut it. I love being able to fix her hair and make her hair look pretty.
However, it was growing in such an unruly manner and always looked so messy and unkempt. Yes, it was cute, but it was always in her face!
I did it. It was as though some unseen force was guiding my hands. Before I knew it, I had chopped off FOUR inches of her baby fine hair! A little crooked okay, A LOT crooked!, a little lop-sided, but finally not in her face anymore!
I almost cried! WHAT did I just do?
Hubby came home to see me (obviously distraught) and looked over at Little One, who was dancing around in circles, showing off her pixie 'do.

"I cut her hair! It was driving me crazy that it was always so messy looking. Now she looks so grown up!", I wailed.

"It looks good. Don't worry. It will grow back. It actually suits her!", Hubby said.
I don't know what it is about haircuts and children, but it just makes them seem like they're no longer babies. Yes, I realize Little One is no longer a baby.  This just reminds me that she's growing up so fast and will be going to school before I know it.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Look at it this way, better you cut it than her=)

Unknown said...

Jackie:
Haha! Yes, that is true! :-) Btw, I was thinking of you! I was thinking after the holidays we should have another coffee date! Oh, I finally met Baby V. She is really sweet!

Frau Guten Tag said...

Based on the pics you did a great job, its super cute

I dont know why it is but every time J gets a hair cut he suddenly looks soooo much older!

Rick Rockhill said...

Oh dear. at least it will grow back soon enough! Hope you enjoyed the holidays.

all the best,
Rick

Unknown said...

Frau:
Shockingly, everyone who has seen her new 'do has said they love it and that it looks great. It was a total fluke though.

I know what you mean about haircuts making our kids look so much older. :( I feel the same way!

Unknown said...

Rick:
You are so right! It's only hair. It'll grow back. :) Happy Holidays to you! xo

J said...

It's adorable! I love it. Funny thing is, you're right, she looks a little older. Then she'll grow up some, and get to the point where cutting it makes her look like your baby again...that's how it is with Maya. She looks sophisticated and grown up to me now, but if she cuts her hair short, she looks at least 4 years younger. Funny.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails