Thursday, December 29, 2011

By George! I Think She's Got It!!!


It's been just over two weeks (okay, 15 days to be exact!) since we more like I began potty re-training Little One.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but I think she's finally got it! Little One has gone for over two weeks of no diapers!  Basically, while we've been on Christmas holiday, I've been letting her roam around the house sans diaper and sans panties. She seems to prefer to go in the buff anyway.  Can't say I blame her. Potty training is a lot easier without any hindrances. No cumbersome pants, tights, or anything for that girlie.

I've taken to heart what you - my dear readers, friends, family, and even strangers have told me. I've been basically easing up on the whole potty training thing and letting Little One do things at her own pace. Funny, now that I've put potty training on the back burner, she's seemed to take a keen interest in it. Go figure!

Perfect timing too, since all the cleaning up after accidents has had me super stressed. I've got this ginormous zit on my face from the stress. I have pretty good skin and only break out if I'm under extreme stress. Who  knew that potty training would be so stressful? My poor kid. She's got a mom who hates mess, disorder, chaos...and poop!

Little One refuses to use the potty and has opted for the toilet instead! She also refuses to wear diapers and pull-ups. It's panties or nothing for that kid! She hasn't had any accidents either! Oops. Except for the time she pooped on her Grampy's bed and peed on his kitchen floor last week. Other than that, no accidents! Oh, we won't ever let her live down the story of the giant poop she left on her Grampy's bed when she was three years old. She casually said, "Grampy. I pooped on your bed". Now Grampy is afraid to babysit her on his own, for fear there will be a repeat of the poop on bed story.  In all fairness, she hasn't had an accident since.

It just seems that she all of a sudden became a big kid. It actually makes me feel really, really sad! She's THREE! She's growing up far too quickly for my liking. How on earth did that happen?!

The big test was taking her on a day trip (a two hours each way). The amazing thing is that Little One did not have any accidents and asked to go to the washroom when she needed to go. Yes, I am fiercely proud of my little munchkin.

Could this be the end of stinky poopy diapers? Could it?

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is awesome! I remember doing some serious happy dancing when chunky decided that it was big boy pants and toilet time!!
Whoot Whoot!!

Frau Guten Tag said...

It is extremely stressful, thats for sure. My only issue still with Lil J is that he cant/wont pull his pants & undies up & down. If I leave him in shirt & socks (no bottoms) he has ZERO accidents. Occasionally he still has accidents when in pants, although yesterday he was in pants all day & had no accidents.

caninecologne said...

yay! congrats c! i remember those times...hoo boy! that's a really big step and i'm glad it happened at her own pace too. :)

omg, your poor dad, on his bed?

word ver:
ingoombl

Calfkeeper said...

Great! She's on her way to being a big girl.

Ellen was over 3 1/2 when she finally was totally trained. But occasionally she still has accidents; especially if she is sick or SUPER tired.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Tag, you it!
To play along you must, post 11 random things yourself. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you on my post. Cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them. Even if you don't do this atleast leave a comment with your answer to my questions. :)
happy new year.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails