Sunday, December 18, 2011

Spruce Glen Bakery & Cafe: A New Place in Town


For my birthday today, my husband and some friends planned a surprise party for me at the Spruce Glen Bakery and Cafe in Wikwemikong, Ontario.

If you haven't stopped in yet, you should!  Spruce Glen serves up fabulous gourmet coffees and specialty teas at very reasonable prices! They also serve freshly baked treats like apple strudels, flat breads, cherry-filled treats, etc.  I am a fan of their Soy Chai Latte and my husband really likes their Wiky Wake Up (also known as the Red Eye)! It's a great coffee with a shot of Espresso!

Though the shop is not open on weekends, Spruce Glen (at the urging of my party-planning friends) opened to host this small event. Some of my favourite people on the planet were there. It was a lovely gathering and just makes me even more aware of how fortunate I am to have some very special people in my life. I actually almost didn't even attend my own party. My friend, ArtsyTeacherMom told me we were going to the Santa Claus Parade in Wiky and I said I didn't feel like going and that I had laundry to do! Not taking no for an answer, she told me to get into the vehicle! Good thing, because a surprise gathering was being cooked up...along with the most decadent cake. Thank you to Ultimately Chocolate for my mint chocolate birthday cake. We've tried pretty much all of Ultimately Chocolate's cakes and love them all!

What a wonderful day.  Thanks to everyone for making my birthday a very special one.

Spruce Glen Bakery Cafe is open on Mondays to Fridays from 6AM to 5PM.

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails