Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday


It took us two years, but the trim has finally been put on our new windows. It seems like every day we make some progress, but then there's always so much more that needs to be done. It feels like we're always one step forward, two steps back.

My husband keeps telling me that "we have a roof over our heads, a comfortable house, food in our bellies, and a beautiful, happy, and healthy daughter". He is so right. I just have to remind myself of that.
Little One is such a truly happy little girl. I can't get over how sweet she is. I love, love, love her. I also can't believe how quickly she's growing up. Doesn't she look like Cindy Loo Who from Whoville (from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas)?!This song is how I feel about Little One right now...

2 comments:

BusyMamma said...

yes it is sometimes so easy to get caught up in the little things instead of remembering how blessed we really are. I find myself doing that all the time- i just need to take a moment to thing about all we really do have!
I wonder if that is a woman/wife thing?!
LO is a cutie ! i love the bow in her hair. How do you manage to keep it in? I put one in M's hair and she kept pulling it out! I'm going to try pigtails instead!

Unknown said...

Dina:
So true. It is so important to take a few minutes to think about all our blessings and what we have.

As for the bow in Little One's hair... for the most part, she doesn't usually realize it's there and it just stays in her hair. Other times, if she catches me fussing with it, she'll pull it out and not want it in her hair! The pigtails seem to work well too. She rarely realizes she's even wearing pigtails. I also find it interesting that she has her ears pierced and has NEVER fiddled with her earrings or tried to pull them off! They've sort of become an extension of her body. I got her ears pierced when she was 11 month old (8 months corrected). She is 17 months old now and still hasn't realized she's got earrings! LOL!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails