Wednesday, February 20, 2013
6:00 AM | Posted by Christine McN | Edit Post
February is the month associated with hearts. It's not just for Valentine's Day though. February is also Heart Health Month . Did you know that?
Kashi has introduced the newest addition to its family of natural foods! Continuing on its mission to provide great tasting, nutritious and innovative foods, the brand is introducing Kashi Blueberry Oat Clusters & Flakes cereal.
Since Heart Health is something on our minds these days, especially with a family history of heart issues, high cholesterol, and other health issues, I've been focusing on heath and exercise. I've also been making a conscious effort to make sure my family eats well and that we get our recommended fibre intake.Made with the perfect blend of natural ingredients, including whole grain oat clusters and sun-ripened blueberries, this cereal has a lot to love. Not only does it taste great, but each 1 cup serving of Kashi Blueberry Oat Clusters & Flakes offers 45 percent of the daily amount of fibre shown to help lower cholesterol – just in time for Heart Health Month . With 6 grams of protein per cup, the cereal is free of trans fats, low in saturated fat and has no artificial flavours or colours.
Kashi gave us the opportunity to try their Kashi Blueberry Oat Clusters & Flakes cereal.
You know how we're always told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? We all know this, but do we all remember to have a good breakfast every morning? I try, but usually my mornings are so rushed with trying to get Little One washed up, dressed, fed, and out the door so we can trek all the way to her bus stop. I
I don't know how I have time to make oatmeal (with steel cut oats) for Little One, but not enough time to have anything myself. Now that we are trying Kashi's new cereal, Little One and I both have a bowl of cereal together.
I have to say that I loved it because I know that fibre is shown to help lower cholesterol, but Little One loved it for the taste! Everyone in the family is happy with Kashi Blueberry Oat Clusters & Flakes.
Little One has been asking for it for breakfast every morning!
Disclosure - We received the above product to include in our post for Heart Health Month. All thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are honest and my own.
- Passport to Explore ~ National Geographic Contest
- Canadian Beef Helping Hubby Get Dinner on the Tabl...
- #WordlessWednesday ~ Kid's Lunch
- Conquer the Cold Giveaway #PGMom
- What if Men Experienced Labour Contractions?
- Cranberry Madeira Chicken & Tofu w/ Quinoa & Walnu...
- Butter Chicken Pasta ~ @SummerFresh Sauces @foodbl...
- @Pampers Ding Dong Diaper Ditch Challenge! #PGMom ...
- Thai Beef Curry! Yum! @SummerFresh
- @TimHortons Children's Foundation Send a Kid to Ca...
- Heart Health Month w/ Kashi Blueberry Oat Clusters...
- #WordlessWednesday ~ Canadian Winters! Brrr!
- Old Navy Baby & Kid Sale! #ONKidtacular @OldNavyCA...
- Bacon Wrapped Mac 'n Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf ~ @Ca...
- A Surprise Visit from the Fairy Hobmother!
- Kissing & Telling ~ Gillette Kiss Giveaway #PGMom
- Streaming ChromeBook Laptop Giveaway #ChromeBookEv...
- #WordlessWednesday ~ Be My Valentine
- What on earth is a Pomelo?
- My Special K Challenge #Kelloggers
- Chinese New Year: The Year of the Snake
- Share the Love this Valentine's Day with Hallmark ...
- Just Because
- Flipsize: Smart Way to Buy, Sell, & Swap Kids' Clo...
- On Bragging About One's Kids + Great New Show @HLN...
- Valentine's Love Berries #LMDConnector #IceCreamCa...
- Get The Most Out Of Your #BlackBerry10 With A Virt...
- Chinese New Year Activities For Kids
- My Date with @CCSweetTables
- @BlackBerry Z10 Launch Event #BlackBerry10 #BBElit...
- 2012 (270)
- 2011 (255)
- 2010 (299)
- 2009 (195)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (284)
- 2006 (287)
Brand Ambassador for
100 self-taught things baby bed rest during pregnancy blogging woes books candy contest cool stuff culture Cupcake Decorating 101 dreams Engrish family food friends fun give away green living healthy living holidays hospital hubby International Cuisine Nights Island living Japan kids life on the farm love Meatless Monday meme Mommy Mishaps movies music NaBloPoMo nostalgia pantry potions parenting pets preemie product reviews Project Live Out of Your Fridge PS2 questions racism ranting and venting recipes restaurant reviews shout out teaching the blog the garden thoughts Throwback Thursday toddler too funny travel tv weird
© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.
About the Blog Author
City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!