Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thai Beef Curry! Yum! @SummerFresh


By now you already know that my husband is a beef farmer and he and our four year old daughter love beef. Right?

Here's something you probably didn't know (because I haven't had a chance to tell you yet!). I'm a member of Food Bloggers of Canada! Although my blog is not strictly a Food Blog, I do post quite a bit about food. I love sharing recipes and trying new things. I'm in love with all things foodie. Whether it be fave restaurant finds, exciting new recipes, or even kitchen gadgets, I'm all over it! To me, sharing a meal is all about spending time with loved ones.

As part of Food Bloggers of Canada, there are some great opportunities for members. Anyone attending the Food Bloggers of Canada Conference in April? I can't wait for that!

My first opp as a member is a Summer Fresh opp! This is exciting for so many reasons! 1) I am a big fan of Summer Fresh Salads! 2) Summer Fresh has launched Fresh Sauces! The line-up is tantalizing!
We were sent a fabulous Wok to cook with, as well as the entire Summer Fresh Sauces line-up:
  • 3 Peppercorn - A traditional peppercorn sauce made with a blend of 3 peppercorn varieties and real Burgundy red wine
  • Butter Chicken - A rich and buttery Indian sauce made with stewed tomatoes, real cream and ginger
  • Cranberry Madeira - Authentic Portuguese Madeira sweet wine expertly blended with whole cranberries and traditional spices
  • Mushroom Marsala - A traditional marsala sauce made with a blend of Cremini Porcini and button mushrooms
  • Thai Curry - An authentic Thai sauce made with fresh coconut milk, lemongrass and spicy chili peppers
Because Hubby and Little One wanted beef, and because I was craving Thai food, I decided to make Thai Beef Curry!

Can I tell you how fragrant the house was with the mouthwatering aroma of the lemongrass and spicy chili peppers?

{Thai Beef Curry}

Ingredients:
1/2 lb to 1 lb beef, cubed into bite sizes
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, diced (or a small can of diced tomatoes)
1-2 potatoes, peeled and diced (if you're worried about carbs, omit the potato or don't eat this dish with rice)
Whatever other veggies you like - make sure they're diced/cubed (eggplant, okra, etc all work well with this dish)
Spinach if you wish
Summer Fresh Thai Curry
a bit of oil

* I added red and green pepper, because that's what I had on hand.

Cooked rice (Something fragrant, like Jasmine. We had Basmati rice, so I used that)

Instructions:
Heat oil in wok and brown beef.
Add onion and cubed potatoes. The potatoes take a little longer than the other veggies to cook.
Add remaining veggies. Let cook until tender.
Stir in contents of one container of Summer Fresh Thai Curry.
Let cook on med heat until meat is tender and veggies cooked.

Serve with rice and salad.

The Summer Fresh Thai Curry was a hit with my family! It was so fragrant and flavourful, and creamy with the coconut milk! It was a tad on the spicy side for Little One, who loves all things spicy. Not bad for a four year old gourmet gourmande! She wanted to eat it though, and every time she felt the spice was too much, she'd take a swig of milk! Too cute!

Can't wait to try out the rest of the Summer Fresh Sauces! Check in again for more recipes! 

Disclosure -  I was given the complete line of Summer Fresh Sauces and a non-stick Wok in order for me to come up with some exciting recipes and try out the new sauces. All the thoughts and opinions on this blog are honest and my own.

15 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

oh yummy, I had not heard they were doing sauces now. must check those out!

Unknown said...

Mom vs. the Boys:
They are SO delicious! I usually make my own sauces from scratch, but these are SO good and come in really handy when you need to get dinner on the table really quickly! Plus, we love Summer Fresh! Okay, only 9am and I'm drooling! LOL!

Unknown said...

YUMMMMMMY! This looks right up our alley. Will try for sure...guaranteed hubby will enjoy this :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Brandi:
Does your Hubs like spicy food? This was perfect for Hubby and me, but Little One found it a bit too much on the spicy side. She loved it, nonetheless though! She finished her supper and said it was "So, so, so, so, sooooooo yummy!" LOL!

Shannon said...

looks fabulous!! I really would love to try the Mushroom Marsala. Thanks for sharing this. Sooo hungry now. lol

ourfamilyworld said...

I just love curry! Tastes so good . This recipe looks delicious and congrats on being part of Food Blogger!!yay!

Kat Gignac said...

Oh delicious! I am trying out those sauces for sure; I love a good curry!

Erika E said...

Oh, yum! I'll be looking for these at the grocery store.

Unknown said...

Shannon:
Trying the Mushroom Marsala next! Looooove mushrooms!

Unknown said...

Kathryn:
Me too! Huge fan of curry! Mmmm! Curry!

Unknown said...

Erika:
:) If you try them, let me know what you think!

Jennifer Hunt said...

oh my word, looks so yummy!

OrangeHeroMama said...

Ooh! We had the Thai Curry on Friday night! and will be trying out the butter chicken sometime before Thursday! (they were free with chicken purchase at the grocer this week)..SOOOOO delish!

Unknown said...

Jen Hunt:
:) Ohhh! It was so yummy! We just tried the Butter Chicken one last night. I LOVE Butter Chicken! The Summer Fresh Sauces are DELISH!!

Unknown said...

OHM:
Free with the purchase of chicken? WOW! Awesome! We tried the butter chicken one last night. As a big fan of butter chicken, I was very impressed!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails