Monday, February 11, 2013

My Special K Challenge #Kelloggers


Here's the thing: I have only in recent years been very conscious of my health. With health issues on both sides of  my family. Now that I'm getting older, I'm much more aware of the importance of staying healthy. I worry about heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. There are many contributors: age, genetics, stress, level of activity, diet, etc. The reality of poor health and the idea of dealing with mortality are very present...and it is scary.  If family members can become ill, so can I.

Now that I have a family of my own , I'm very conscious of what I feed myself and my family. We eat fresh, healthy, homemade food every day. We eat lots of vegetables and I make sure that we have a balanced diet, and I make sure that Hubby and I stick to proper portion sizes.

Even though we are very active and work outdoors every day, it's still not enough. I used to fill my evenings with yoga, walking, Zumba, and cardio with resistance training. Things got super busy with life, the farm, the kid, and I've only kept the daily walking as the only constant exercise. The cardio and resistance training happen maybe once or twice a week if I'm lucky.

As a Kellogger, we receive lots of great Kelloggs products. I perused the website and saw that there's My Special K Challenge section. Lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I am going to begin this week and will let you know how I fare.

My Special K is a great resource that helps keep me on track and motivates me at the same time. I can check out how I'm doing and track my progress. There are many tips to help achieve success. I can set my goal, make a plan, and put it into action.

I also received the New Balance Lightening Dry Tank Top (above). Made with quick wicking fabric, it keeps me cool and comfortable when working out.

I like the Special K Red Berries cereal. I can start off my day with a bowl of that!

Disclosure - As a member of the Kelloggers Network, we received a variety of Kellogg's products, plus some branded items.  This is a personal blog. All the opinions on this blog are honest and my own

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails