Friday, February 22, 2013
4:50 PM | Posted by Christine McN | Edit Post
I remember what it was like when Little One was a newborn. Though she spent the first 72 days of life in the NICU at Mount Sinai, bringing baby home was an amazing yet eye opening experience.
I remember just wanting to hold her and stare at her all the time. Of course, with having a new baby at home comes the mountains and mountains of laundry and the diaper changes! The diapers! Who knew that babies go through that many diapers?!
One of the things I love about being a #PGMom is that I get to share the luv with friends, family, and readers. I am able to share great products, savings, and so much more. This post in particular warms my heart.
A bunch of PGMoms were given opportunity to participate in the Pampers Ding Dong Diaper Ditch Movement. Our mission was to surprise an unsuspecting family with a wonderful baby package (valued at $85) that consisted of:
- Pampers Swaddlers diapers - Number one choice of hospitals. The nurses in the NICU used Pampers on the babies when Little One was in the hospital. Love that Pampers have diapers for preemies too! Soft, comfortable and wraps baby in comfort and security.
- Pampers Sensitive wipes - Gently cleans baby's delicate skin. Clinically proven mild. Dermatologist tested. Perfume and alcohol free.
- Ivory Snow Liquid Detergent - Gentle on baby's sensitive skin yet designed to clean tough messes from baby's clothing.
- a copy of "Caring for Kids: The Complete Guide to Children's Health"
- a Canada onesie (with bib and tuque)
When I was on Facebook with her this past week, something our conversation made me feel I had to perform a random act of kindness and she was the person I wanted to make smile. I guess that wasn't really random then. It seems a tad predetermined/premeditated!
On a blustery Friday afternoon, I drove to the family's home and propped the box by their front door! Sadly, I was too excited about the Drop Off that I didn't have the foresight to wrap up the baby package in a pretty basket and with a pretty bow! Check out the little video I made with my BlackBerry Z10's Story Maker
No video of the surprised mom, as she was...ummm...nursing her sweet baby! So thrilled to be able to spread the warmth and joy.
Thankful to have been given the opportunity to surprise a special family.
Well.ca wants to help new parents too by ensuring mom and dad don't have to go past their doorstep for a refill on Pampers. Subscribe to Pampers on well.ca before April 15th and get a 15% discount and up to 500 Gifts to Grow points on select Pampers purchases. You also get 50 bonus Welcome points when you sign up!
Disclosure - As part of the PGMom program, I received the above products for an in-person giveaway. As a member of the PGMom program, I receive perks and products for review and am given the opportunity to share with readers via giveaways. Though affiliated with P&G, all the thoughts and opinions on this blog are honest and my own.
Labels: #PGmom, baby, Contests and Giveaways, give away, love, Mommy Stuff, parenting, product reviews, shout out
- Passport to Explore ~ National Geographic Contest
- Canadian Beef Helping Hubby Get Dinner on the Tabl...
- #WordlessWednesday ~ Kid's Lunch
- Conquer the Cold Giveaway #PGMom
- What if Men Experienced Labour Contractions?
- Cranberry Madeira Chicken & Tofu w/ Quinoa & Walnu...
- Butter Chicken Pasta ~ @SummerFresh Sauces @foodbl...
- @Pampers Ding Dong Diaper Ditch Challenge! #PGMom ...
- Thai Beef Curry! Yum! @SummerFresh
- @TimHortons Children's Foundation Send a Kid to Ca...
- Heart Health Month w/ Kashi Blueberry Oat Clusters...
- #WordlessWednesday ~ Canadian Winters! Brrr!
- Old Navy Baby & Kid Sale! #ONKidtacular @OldNavyCA...
- Bacon Wrapped Mac 'n Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf ~ @Ca...
- A Surprise Visit from the Fairy Hobmother!
- Kissing & Telling ~ Gillette Kiss Giveaway #PGMom
- Streaming ChromeBook Laptop Giveaway #ChromeBookEv...
- #WordlessWednesday ~ Be My Valentine
- What on earth is a Pomelo?
- My Special K Challenge #Kelloggers
- Chinese New Year: The Year of the Snake
- Share the Love this Valentine's Day with Hallmark ...
- Just Because
- Flipsize: Smart Way to Buy, Sell, & Swap Kids' Clo...
- On Bragging About One's Kids + Great New Show @HLN...
- Valentine's Love Berries #LMDConnector #IceCreamCa...
- Get The Most Out Of Your #BlackBerry10 With A Virt...
- Chinese New Year Activities For Kids
- My Date with @CCSweetTables
- @BlackBerry Z10 Launch Event #BlackBerry10 #BBElit...
- 2012 (270)
- 2011 (255)
- 2010 (299)
- 2009 (195)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (284)
- 2006 (287)
Brand Ambassador for
100 self-taught things baby bed rest during pregnancy blogging woes books candy contest cool stuff culture Cupcake Decorating 101 dreams Engrish family food friends fun give away green living healthy living holidays hospital hubby International Cuisine Nights Island living Japan kids life on the farm love Meatless Monday meme Mommy Mishaps movies music NaBloPoMo nostalgia pantry potions parenting pets preemie product reviews Project Live Out of Your Fridge PS2 questions racism ranting and venting recipes restaurant reviews shout out teaching the blog the garden thoughts Throwback Thursday toddler too funny travel tv weird
© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.
About the Blog Author
City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!