Sunday, December 03, 2006

Seriously...Am I an Old Fart???


It's 2AM, we just got home, my puppy is snoring at my feet, the kittens are going nuts (they seriously look like they're on speed or something- they're CRAZY! One's hanging off the curtains and the other one's taking running jumps from the sofa to the table near the window and plucking all my aloe plants out of the pot!!!). Hubby's playing a video game that a friend lent him tonight and I'm blogging because I can't seem to fall asleep.

This morning was a lovely day. Blue skies, fresh snow, crisp air and a little excursion to the Snow Flake Fair with my mother-in-law. It's so nice to see all the vendors selling their crafts and creations. I walked right pass the freshly baked breads and preserves from Maja's Bounty. She always has wonderful, delectable treats that are organic and of the best quality ingredients. Maja takes special care as to what goes into her products. (The reason I walked right past this time is because I ALWAYS end up getting something and right now I don't neeeeed anything!)

I was very happy because I got to see
Dylon there. Everyone who knows him says that he is such a wonderful guy. I know this firsthand, because there were a bunch of really cute old ladies at our table for lunch who were all gushing over him! LOL! "Dylon's amazing at computer stuff!", "Dylon's a talented artist!" "Dylon, Dylon, Dylon!" They were too cute! I kind of chuckled because I glanced over at him while he was concentrating on a piece of jewelry, totally unaware of the chatter taking place at our table. So, this is what a "hen party" is like! LOL! They were the cutest little hens though! Dylon, if you're reading this, you've got heaps of fans :) I was happy to find out that I can wear Dylon's jewelry because the earrings are made of hypo-allergenic material. Yippeeeeee!!! I took special note of this beautiful pair of earrings with bluish/turquoise accents (Dylon, were they handblown glass beads? I'm not sure what they were, but they were gorgeous).I've been dropping not so subtle hints to Hubby that my birthday is two weeks away!

I was also very happy to see
Wiky Lion and his wife. They were selling their Watkins products. I did get their black pepper, but was seriously tempted to buy sooooooooo much more! Very bad! At least I've got my very own dealer if I ever need a Watkins fix! LOL! Seriously, if you're reading this, Wiky Lion, it was great seeing you and your lovely wife! She's awesome!

Now, this brings me to the old fart thing. In the afternoon I made some white chocolate/dark chocolate swirly bark and put them in plastic baggies and tied them up with a card and ribbon for all of our friends. Plus, I needed a nice gift to bring tonight since Hubby, my parents and I were invited to an early Christmas party tonight at our friends' house. It was an awesome party- great food, great people, great conversation, lots of laughs...We got there at 6PM but supper only began around 9PM (and Hubby and I are used to eating around 6PM because I don't like to eat after 7). The food was amazing- a grand 'ol Trinidadian feast. Cheers to the host and hostess for a wonderful evening. One of our friends plays Caribbean music in a band and was up here for the weekend and sang and played the quatro for us. Good times. I think I mentioned that Hubby and I RARELY go out because we're always up early to work. By 10PM I felt myself getting very, VERY tired. I resisted sleep because I didn't want to be a party pooper. We ended up leaving a few hours later and just got home at 2PM. I used to be able to go out and have a good time with friends until the wee hours of the morning, but it seems that now I just need more sleep! Yikes! Am I becoming an old fart???

11 comments:

curiositykiller said...

I still think the heart is where your real age is. You're only calling yourself an old fart because you're getting along with everyone and living like "an old lady"... happily, I might add. You're not an old fart.

Anonymous said...

Are you an old fart? Am I? Spent Saturday night at home drinking camomile tea and lying in bed reading a history of the Middle East and fell asleep around 9PM. Woke up this morning and thought 'what a wonderful evening I just had' and am now looking forward to my wife cooking pancakes and reading the Sunday paper. Ugh.

waz said...

mane, if you are an old fart then who am i? if you are an old fart then think of me as the King of old fart! think of me as the one who coined, has and is embodying, and regularly re-defines the word old fart! so no, you are not for i'm worst! enough to say that while you RARELY go out/ i barely go out! while 10pm is late for you, 7pm is my self-imposed curfew time! so yeah, i should be the old fart! not you!

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks guys. I guess thinking of the days (or nights) I used to spend out with friends and how I seemed to be able to survive on such little sleep back then made me wonder what's happening to me. I seem to need to be in bed by 10 or 11PM because I seem to need more hours of sleep in order to get up at 5AM. In university, I used to be able to survive on 3 or 4 hrs of sleep. Now if I ever attempted to do that, I'd have a headache and feel rough all day! LOL!

Stephen...how nice to have E cooking pancakes for you! :) Sweeeet!

Waz, thanks for popping by my blog!

Curiosity, I know...age is all how we perceive it. I know in my heart I'm a kid. Hubby and I are goofier than our nieces when we babysit them! I think our nieces think WE'RE the kids! LOL We babysat them last week and we did homework, they helped me make supper, we ate supper, we played charades, did some artwork, watched "Madagascar" and just had a really goofy, fun time. Despite the fact that Hubby and I are overgrown kids, some days I can really see how serious life has become :) It's all good though!

zozosmamma said...

Ya know, we are all getting older. I rarelt stay out past 10pm these days, and even leave weddng by midnight. I would not say I am an old fart, but things change, that's for sure!! Just remember, those partying days came with a alot of hangovers and heartache (mine did anyways!)

Unknown said...

So true, Jill!

Anonymous said...

You're not an old fart, silly! Your lifestyle is just changing now that you're in your 30s and you're married. We're all in the same boat, baby! Isn't it great! I for one know you're not an old fart!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am seriously going to have to go hide in a closet until I stop blushing!

That's so funny because I was sitting, working away, looking up every now and again and I swore for a moment I saw you give me one heck of an odd look! Now I know what it was all about and I have to go hide!

Dylon

P.S. Thanks again for the book loan! I’m looking forward to giving myself a little time off for reading enjoyment!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dylon! I'm halfway through "Bad Girl's" right now. I should have been done reading already, but something always comes up.

LOL! Yes, I saw you working away at your jewelry and was trying to signal to you that you had a bunch of groupies at my table! It was too cute. Did you know you were THAT popular???? Sorry for making you blush :) Let me know what you think of the book once you've gotten around to reading it. I'm curious to know your thoughts!

Ellie said...

Okay, I haven't had time to read your blog from the beginning and I am going to do that, but only a bit at a time becuase I love it so much!!! Does Dylon make chain mail jewellery? The last time we were there (2004) there was a young guy there selling the most amazing chain mail jewellery at a farmers market in Kagawong, and I begged my dh for some but he put me on ignore!!

Ellen

Unknown said...

Ellen:
YES! That would be Dylon, alright! He makes the most amazing chain mail creations! I just love his work! He's a really nice guy too!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails