Monday, October 29, 2007

Awwwwwww!!!



Karen at A Day in the Life awarded me with the BFF award. Karen's a wonderful writer, she's super funny, has a really great attitude and is just a wonderful person to know. Thank you, Karen!!! I 'met' Karen through some friends of mine in Toronto. Gavie's Gal and Nathanial's Mom were my friends and roomies when I lived in TO. They know Karen from a Mommy group they belong to. Now we're all blogging and I even got to meet Karen in person at NM's house a few weeks ago.
There are so many blogs that I read and enjoy. It's come to the point where I actually try not to discover new blogs because I get so wrapped up in the ones I already frequent! I would like to pass this award onto some of my BFFs:
Karen already passed the award to Curiosity Killer, Fancy Pantsy, Gavie's Gal, Nathanial's Mom, Beachmama and Cherry Extract. I wasn't sure if I could give the award to you ladies since you were already awarded it. Karen, can I give it to you too? LOL! You're definitely one of my BFFs! :) xoxo
What I think you're supposed to do is to pass this award onto your BFFs. I guess that would be people whose blogs you check out regularly and who check yours out. In essence, give it to people who have become your blogging buddies.
************************************************************************************
In case you're wondering why I'm not in bed yet and it's after midnight, I've still got that awful cough and it's keeping me up at night. Actually, it's been keeping Hubby up! I went to the doc's a week ago because this horrible dry cough (soooooo annoying) has lasted 17 days and doesn't seem to want to go away. I feel like I'm hacking up a lung, I can't sleep, I see white sparks every time I cough (seriously, it's kind of scary). The weird thing is that I'm not sick. No fever, it's not a cold, it's not a bronchial infection, it's not pneumonia...It's just a really persistent, stubborn cough. Okay, sometimes it prevents me from breathing properly. The result? I was prescribed Advair. Apparently it's asthma.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel better soon sweety. Asthma's no fun.

Sweet and Salty said...

Congrats!!! You deserve it, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Cool trophy! Hope that your asthma isn't bothering you for much longer. How weird is that? You didn't have asthma attacks before, did you?

merinz said...

Thanks Chrissy for the award! My first ever.
I hope that your asthma improves quickly with the medication. Did they investigate why it has suddenly occurred? Could be an allergy to something.

Uncivil said...

C
You are so sweet!Thank you for the award! You know just how to make us all feel special, and you are the Special one!
I hope you breath well tonight!

AnnieM said...

OMG! Mason is on week 3 with the same cough! No other symptoms, so I hate to take him in and fork over a couple hundred dollars for them to tell me he just needs to work it out on his own.

Girlie Monkey said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Chrissy!!!

Kellan said...

Congratulations on the award! And, I love Karen and her site. Have a great day. See ya.

Anonymous said...

I used to be a night person and would always stay up past midnight. nice award!

Ms. Mamma said...

OMG, sparks?

I've had a cough since Spetember 22 and it is finally going away, FINALLY. Your fettucine looks de-lish and thank you for the blog award, my cool little Manitoulian friend. I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Annie:
Really? Mason's got it too? The doc told me that there wasn't really anything I can do, except use an inhaler 2x a day for now. Grrr. He said that it's some kind of allergen or irritation in my throat because it's not a bronchial thing. It's just so annoying that this stupid cough just won't go away!

I hope Mason's cough goes away soon!

Girlie:
Thank you! You are soooo sweet!

Unknown said...

Mrs.Mogul:
Thanks! I used to be able to stay up late all the time when I was in college and university...and even in my mid 20s. Now, I find I just don't have it in me to stay up late and still get up early enough to get working. LOL!

We went out for a few Halloween parties and didn't get home until almost 3AM. I had a tremendous headache the next day...and I didn't even drink! LOL! (I was designated driver).

Kellan:
Hi! Thank you for popping by my blog :) I love KarenMEG too! She's such a cool gal! LOVE her!

Unknown said...

Ms.Mamma:
OMG...YES! SPARKS!!! At night, I see white sparks when I cough. It really scared the crap out of me. Hubby's a first responder so he handles emergency situations and I rolled over to his side of the bed and whimpered: "Am I dying????"

SILENCE...

followed by roaring laughter. I'm glad someone was amused! LOL!

Heidi said...

Awwwwwwww - you so deserve it - I'm not surprised that you got awarded... I mean... you DID get me started afterall.

I hope you feel better soon! I know what it's like when you hit that interesting stage that you're no longer coughing, instead you're honking.

Unknown said...

CK:
Thanks! Haven't seen you around the blog in a while. Hope things are going well where you are. I bet things are super busy at work and play. TTYL, k?

louann said...

Congrats and Thank you Chrissy!!! You are too sweet you know that??

I know its a bit late but I hope by today youb are feeling better already.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails