Saturday, June 21, 2008

Six Questions


Trish @ My Little Drummer Boys tagged me for this a few days ago. It's been a while since I've done a meme, so here goes! :)

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
Each player answers the questions about themselves.
At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago, I was teaching and living in Japan. It was the most exciting time of my life. What an experience! I fell in love with the culture, the history, the art, the language and I made some really great friends along the way.

What are 6 things on my to-do list for today (tomorrow)?
1. Vacuum the entire house.
2. Do two loads of laundry.
3. Mop the kitchen floor.
4. Clean the kitchen.
5. Clean the bathroom.
6. Weed the garden.

Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest, but it never really is. *sigh*


Snacks I enjoy?
-Baked multi-grain Tortilla chips with homemade salsa
-Brie or Camembert cheese with red pepper jelly on multi-grain crackers (though I just read somewhere that pregnant women shouldn't eat soft cheeses! GAH! No Brie or Camembert for 7 more months???)
-fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, pineapple, red grapes, strawberries...)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire?
I'd invest half the money and give some of the money to my parents, my mother-in-law, my siblings and Hubby's siblings. I'd also donate some of the money to various charities (the Heart and Stroke Foundation is a charity that is important to me because my father had both a heart attack and a stroke and the Canadian Cancer Society is another charity that is close to home because my aunt and Hubby's father died of cancer. Any money we have left over, I'd use to build a new house or completely renovate the one we have now and I'd give the rest of the money to Hubby so that he can continue farming.

Places I have lived?
*UPDATED on June 23rd* I've moved 18 times, but have decided to delete the names of the places I have lived in due to something interesting Autumn's Mom mentioned to me. Like Autumn's Mom, I have always worried about some of the answers on memes being used for identity theft.

How did you name your blog?
Originally, the blog was named "Life on Manitoulin", but too many people were typing those words into search engines to find information about living on the Island and ended up finding my blog. I had wanted this to be a fairly low key blog, but more and more people were discovering it. It got to the point where people I didn't know were coming up to me in the grocery store and telling me how much they enjoy reading my blog. I then changed the title to "Random Thoughts and Musings from the Island" because I didn't want to have "Manitoulin" in the title and I thought the new title was just fitting.

Who am I tagging and do I want to know more about ?
I have no idea if anyone is actually going to do the meme, but I'm tagging
Karen
Deb
Uncivil
Jeanna
Sandy
Beachmama

I don't mind if you don't do the meme. I hope you do though! I'm interested in seeing what your answers are! :)

15 comments:

Jeanna said...

Yeah, okay, we'll see, C.

Anonymous said...

You can eat soft cheeses as long as they are pasturized...anything you buy at a supermarket in Canada is likely to be, but watch out for cheeses from specialty stores!

Unknown said...

Jeanna:
Tee hee ;) Oh, I'm going to write a post about the "Badger Claw" you sent me. Hubby and I devoured it!

Fancy:
THANK YOU for letting me know about the soft cheeses! I am sooooooooooo happy now! LOL! You don't know how happy you just made me! :)

Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated to your post but I have no idea what to eat for supper; You know I don't cook but I am so tired of eating out. Suggestions?

Have a great weekend and enjoy the concert tonight. Quite different from the last concert we went to in Toronto! I think that was Lilith Fair!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through BlogHer. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I love that cute pregnancy widget you have up on your sidebar. At this stage, little ones look like a peanut! You should nickname your little one "Peanut"! :D

Shelby

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Wow - you have had an interesting life.
Japan fascinates me.
If I had a billion I might go there.
I do want to go to Canada one day ;)

Thanks for playing along.

You to do list sounds like my un done list every day.

Jeanna said...

Hey C.,
You mean they didn't melt?

caninecologne said...

as always, i love your blog and learning more tidbits about you!

louann said...

You've moved a lot C! =)

I enjoy the snacks you enjoy too! Especially tortilla chips with salsa!

Unknown said...

T:
Oh! Sorry I didn't get to see this sooner! I can post a few recipes for you. What did you end up eating? LOL! You are too funny!

Shelby:
Thank you for stopping by and commenting! That is such a cute nickname! "Peanut"...I like that! LOL!
Do you have a blog I can check out? Hope to see you back here :)

Unknown said...

Trish:
I've met a lot of Australians here in Canada. Actually, I've met a lot of Australians everywhere!!! Many of the teachers I taught with in Japan were Australian and when I went to Bali, Singapore, and the Philippines, I met a lot of Aussies there too! :)

I'm wondering just how much of the list is going to get done today! So far I haven't done any of it! LOL!

Jeanna:
Not at all! I was surprised! Everything was perfectly intact! Nothing was melted. Of course, it was still winter (I think) so it wasn't hot yet. It's REALLY hot here now.

Unknown said...

Canine:
Thank you! :) Yes, you get a bit more insight into the truly wacky person I am! ;)

Louann:
I know! It's kind of crazy! I didn't realize how many times I moved until now! My parents moved us a few times for my dad's work and then when we were upgrading to bigger houses. Then when I was living on my own, I had itchy feet and moved quite often. I even changed apartments TWICE when I was in Japan! Now I'm in a place that I never want to leave. I love it on the Island :)

Uncivil said...

Good meme C , and thanks for the tag!
Ya know I only do one post every week or two, so I'll do mine here!!!
Love you answers, and you have lived in so many interesting places!

Here goes........
What was I doing 10 years ago?.............
Ten years ago, I was married and working for the Resident Engineers office in the boring little town of Clinton NC. I was running 5 & 10k's......taking aerobics class twice a week,and sparring with the local Tae Kwon Do instructor and his students after aerobics class.
We had a wonderful boxer named Gucci! Ab & Em weren't born yet.

What are 6 things on my to-do list for today (tomorrow)?
1. Catch up on my blogging
2. Do a load or two of laundry.
3. list some stuff for sale on Craigslist.
4. Grill steaks with the girlfriend.
5. Walk the dogs.
6. Lint roll the dog hair off the couch and bed.



Snacks I enjoy?..........Is beer a snack?
Beer and beer nuts
Beer and prunes
"Wise" potato chips
"Hersey's Kiss with Almonds"
Beer and Snickers bar
Eartbound Farm mini carrots with ranch dip



Things I would do if I were a billionaire?
Let's say I had one billion tax free.
I would set aside 250 million in investments for me. With the other 750 million I would make millionaires out of all my family members and many of my my friends. I'm not sure what my charities would be, but would have something to do with animals.
Then build a modest home somewhere near where I presently live. (Ya know....I would probably still live in a pimped out trailer just for spite)
I would buy several brand new Hondas. (a couple of Civics, a CRV or an Element,a Fit,and a S2000 for my sports car)
I would also buy and old late 70's or early 80's model Jeep with V-8 automatic. And I would have enough garage /car port space to keep them all out of the weather.
And last but not least. I would make a trip to Canada,Wisconsin,California, etc to visit all my favorite bloggers and lavish them with gifts.

Places I have lived?
Born...Anchorage Alaska,
RoseHill NC,
Greensboro NC,
Leaksville.....now called Eden NC,
Madison NC,
Wilmington NC,
Castle Hayne NC,
Orlando FL...Bootcamp,
Memphis Tn....Naval Avionics school
Whidbey Island Wa.....Navy Attack Squadron 128,
Sneeds Ferry NC,
Leland NC,
Back to Wilmington NC,
Rocky Point NC,
Back to Castle Hayne NC,
Clinton NC.....never ever again!
Back to Wilmington and Castle Hayne area forever I hope, but will consider Rocky Point and Burgaw in the future!



How did you name your blog?

I've had "UNCIVIL" on my personalised license plate since the early 90's.

My ex wife put "IMCIVIL" on her's because the is a Civil Engineer.

So , I decided to do the "Uncivil" one on mine to match my sometimes asinine personality and be totally opposite of her.

They do look cute parked beside one another.

Jeanna said...

C., you're talking about the winter prize package not the melted mess you've yet to receive?
I was wondering why that photo looked so unmeltified.
Well, I did the meme. And I see Yojimbo (who has been slacking off at work sending out emails all day) owes us gifts.
I've really lived a boring life.

Karen MEG said...

Hey, C, thanks for the tag; I don't think I've actually done this one! A twist, so I should get to it in the next little while.

You HAVE moved around a lot - that's great! I'm not nearly as adventurous as you, but as I get older, I am more open to it. Sorta weird, eh?

From Our Farm to Your Table

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails