Friday, November 24, 2006

Oh deer!


The hunters staying at Hubby's hunt camp are leaving this weekend. I secretly wished they wouldn't have any luck with their hunt this past week. I kind of feel sorry for my uncle, who drove 9 hours from Montreal to land a buck or doe. He saw lots of deer on our property, but wasn't able to get any.

I know the boys at the hunt camp got 5 or 6 deer, but haven't had any more for the past two days. I think the deer have all been spooked with the sound of gun shots. I know we'll see them again once the huners have all gone home. The deer have to come out to eat sometime!!
I know hubby tells me again and again that the deer population needs to be thinned out and that if there are too many, they will bring disease and the wolf and coyote population will increase. I can't help but feel sad though. These creatures are just so beautiful and so graceful. I love watching them graze or bed down in our back field. This is one part of rural living that I don't think I'l ever be able to get used to :(

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope they didn't get Bambi! That's so sad. I understand that where there's life there must be death and the whole circle of life thing, but it's still sad. I don't think I've seen a real deer except on TV or in Ntional Geographics.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails