Monday, May 21, 2012

Mommy! Something's Stinky!!!


My three year old has had this insane sensitivity to certain smells lately. She refuses to "go" in public washrooms. She'd "hold it" until we get home.

The other day, she started crying like crazy.

Me: What's wrong? Is everything okay?
Little One: Mommmmmy! Something's stinky!!!!
Me: (sniffing) I really don't smell anything.
Little One: I don't like it! Something is stinky!!! (wailing)
Me: Ummm...what does it smell like?
Little One: It smells like POO!
Me: Oh. Well, you do know we live on a farm, right?

The crying didn't stop until I lit the HunnyB Soy Candle I received (and should have reviewed prior to that impromptu trip to the Philippines we had to make a few weeks ago).

I have to say that I have a sensitivity to fragrances and very potent scents make me nauseous and headachy...even when I'm not pregnant. These, however, are fantastic!  I'm a fan of aromatherapy candles, but I am extremely picky when it comes to the fragrances. Anything too strong makes me ill, so I always have to go for really good quality aromatherapy candles.  The good thing is that with the better quality candles, the burn time is longer too.

Some info on HunnyB Soy Candles:
While other popular candles are made of paraffin wax, HunnyB's Soy Candles are made of 100% non toxic, clean burning soy. Our soy wax is a 100% natural soybean product, and collected from farmers right here in the US. Unlike other products, our candles are biodegradable and contain no carcinogens. The result is a cleaner burning candle leaving no black jars, walls or ceilings. Additionally, HunnyB's Soy Candles burn longer and provide a larger and superior scent throw. 
Isn't that great?

I was blown away by their selection of scents! They have over 300 fragrances to choose from!

I ended up choosing Coconut Lime Verbena. I love anything citrus or coconut scented, so this was a no brainer! The rich, creamy coconut scent combined with the refreshing, fruity citrus smell of the lime just made my house smell so good!

There were no more "Something's stinky!" cries from my three year old after that.

Check out the amazing HunnyB Soy Candle selection and try some out for yourself! They're Little One approved! :)

Disclosure -  I received a HunnyB Soy Candle (of my preferred fragrance/scent) to facilitate this review.  All the thoughts and opinions on this blog are honest and my own.

4 comments:

Katrina Brady said...

Okay, well I'm on her side. I don't like public washrooms either. People are disgusting! bleh

Unknown said...

Katrina:
LOL! Okay, I'm totally with you. I HATE public washrooms too. I can't stand them. I try not to let her see my pukey face when we have to use a public toilet. I just don't want to pass on my weird quirks to her, but I think she's inherited the extreme disgust/dislike of public toilets! LOL!

Kathleen said...

Ha! That's funn. "um you do know we live on a farm right?" hahahaha

The thing I dislike most about many scented candles are that they smell good when you smell them unlit but once you light them, they don't smell good anymore. Hope these aren't like that!

Unknown said...

Kathleen:
I totally know what you mean! That's one thing I don't like about some scented candles too! They smell great but when you light them, they don't. THESE ones smell great before, during, and after! :)

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails