Friday, November 05, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 5: Truth


We try to eat healthy in our home, but I have a confession.

I

Love

Carbs.

Well, not so much bread (although, freshly baked bread straight out of the oven does smell divine!), but I love potatoes. I love roasted potatoes, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, grilled potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato latkes, potatoes in soups and in stews...I love potatoes done any way.

I don't know why I love les pommes de terre so much. For some reason, this time of the year I crave potatoes. Isn't it interesting that pomme de terre means apple of the earth in French?

I only cook potatoes twice a week. We do have other carbs at mealtimes (like pasta, couscous, rice, etc). I try to switch things up a bit. This said, I do love my potatoes!

Awesome Lacy Potato Laktes  - Check recipe out here! Photo from Google Images.


What's your favourite potato dish?

5 comments:

BusyMamma said...

me too!! I LOVE potatoes any way they're made ! I especially love well made latkes but only eat them once a year as they are super duper fattening.
Potatoes is soups and stews are my weakness! Sprinkled with a little salt and butter too are so yummy! Apparantly my grandfather could eat a whole pot of potatoes in one sitting so i come by this love honestly!

J said...

I don't think I've ever met a potato I didn't like. Potato chips are probably my favorite, and the worst for you. :) I love french fries, hash browns, baked, broiled, mashed, whatever. I'm looking forward to Hanukkah, and I'm not even Jewish. But we always have latkes anyway. YUM.

Unknown said...

Me:
Ahhhh! I know :( I feel guilty eating latkes, but I love them so much! LOL! BTW, I still think your Dad makes THE BEST latkes in the world! :)

Unknown said...

J:
I don't think I've ever met a potato I didn't like either!! ;) Ohhhhh...I completely forgot about hash browns! LOVE hashbrowns! LOL!

caninecologne said...

hi c - when we were in toronto and chicago, we loved potato pancakes (latkes). man, those are so good with sourcream! russian, polish, ukrainian style - we liked it all.

otherwise, i like potato wedges or chunks roasted in olive oil with salt, pepper and paprika.

man, i love most potato dishes, it's so hard to choose!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails