Saturday, March 11, 2006

98 days and counting!!


Our wedding day is fast approaching. Luckily my nerves are settled. Now it's my mom I have to worry about :) She keeps freaking our that there's only 3 months to go. She's more stressed than I am!!! Bless her heart! The poor thing!

My latest project is fixing up the house. John's been a bachelor for quite some time, so he and I decided to paint the living room walls to make it look brighter. The color we chose? The same as his mom's new kitchen walls! I am in love with Benjamin Moore's paint in Vanilla Ice Cream white!! It's just so creamy and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I've done two coats of primer and two coats of paint and the room looks amazing!!! I just LOVE making the house look all nice and pretty! It's so much fun being a wife-to-be!!! Anyway, if you're thinking of painting your walls, I highly recommend Benjamin Moore paint. It goes on very nicely and you really don't need too many coats. I love it! Oh, and who knew that there were soooooooooo many shades of off-white! Unbelievable!!

I've turned into a regular Betty Crocker with all the home improvement I've been doing (I am a master at plastering and sanding! I can even lay shingles down on the roof!). I also love cooking everything from scratch and baking bread and goodies for my hubby-to-be. He works so hard so it's nice to be able to prepare nutritious and nourishing food for him. I love cooking John's meals, I love helping him with his work, I love washing the dishes, I love spending time with him. Don't get me wrong, I do know that a woman needs to spend time with her friends as well and that it's not healthy to hole yourself up with one person once you've gotten hitched...but the truth is, I just LOVE being with my hubby-to-be. I can't wait until the ground thaws and all the snow melts completely so John can till some land for me to plant my garden! I am super excited about growing our own fruits and veggies. I can't wait to plant some flowers too. He's already got strawberries and raspberries that grow in the summer. This is so much fun!!!

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails