Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ohhh mah lorrrrd!! I'm turning into my mother!!!


They say that women turn into their mothers when they grow older and men take after their fathers. I never thought I'd live to see the day that I *gasp* turned into my mother!!! Girls always say that when they get older, they'll do things differently from the way their mothers did things. I remember uttering the words, "I will never be like her when I grow up!". All of a sudden, I woke up and....oh my gosh!!! I AM my mother!

I wasn't aware of this before, but my darling fiance so happily (I believe innocently) pointed out that:
*I love making lists! My mother has the obsessive need to write lists...and lots of them. She has a zillion "to-do" lists and places them all over the place. They're in her kitchen, her office...everywhere!
*I wipe down the shower and tub each time I finish taking a shower. This is something I thought was ridiculous before. I used to think this was slightly 'obsessive compulsive'...and now I'm doing it!! I often justify it with "oh, we have hard water so if I don't wipe the tub and shower down then the calcium will build up and I'll never get the stains out." Holy crrrrrrrrrap! I've turned into my mom!
*I repeat myself...often. This is something my little brother and my father have pointed out. My darling hubby-to-be would never utter such a thing..LOL Yes, it turns out that I have the tendency to say things more than once. I admit it. It's pretty bad. Most of the time it's because I forgot that I said it in the first place or it's also because if I need something done I just want to remind whoever I'm talking to that it needs to be done. Urgh.

I admit it. I've been caught. I have turned into my mom. In the end, I guess it's not necessarily a bad thing. I guess it's only when you hit your 30's that you realize that your mom is the best role model a girl can have (granted, not in all cases, but generally speaking). I sure am lucky to have the wonderful mom I have :) My mom...my first friend, my best friend, my worst enemy, my biggest critic, my number one fan, my role model, the strongest, most courageous, most amazing lady I know.

Dina, if you're reading this...remember when we lived in that house on Elmhurst?? You and Sam used to think I was the neatest and tidiest of the lot? Then one day you discovered that all of my junk was conveniently stowed under my bed or jammed in my closet??? Hahahaha! Welllll...sadly, those days are over. I've turned into my mom!!! Not quite OCD level, but close to it! PS. Thanks for the present you sent me in the mail a few months ago! Totally made me laugh thinking about the time you went into my room and discovered how I was able to keep it looking so neat! The look on your face must have been classic! :) Love ya!

2 comments:

BusyMamma said...

haha...so true that we turn into our moms...although I still refuse to turn into a complete clone of my mom...I am doing things different and I am trying to make sure it stays that way!!
but of course there is still time!!

WOW your new place is actually neat??? that is awsome!! That closet of yours on elmhurst was something else- i remember when you found a bag with lunch in it from months and months before...hope that never happens again!!

Unknown said...

Hahahaha!! Yeah! That was pretty gross! Bllllechhhhhhhh!!! Gives me the shivers everytime I think of it! Who knew mould could look that nasty!!?!? I've never seen anything THAT hairy in my life!!

Yes, you would be proud of me, Dina! Our new home is beautiful...and CLEAN!!! LOL

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails