Sunday, March 26, 2006

Can Life Get Any Better? :)


Woke up early since we had another day in the bush. 8:30 and we were in the woods. John dropped a few trees and I loaded them into the trailer. I've been learning a lot up here. City girl is finally learning some new things!

-a trailer has two wheels and a wagon has four
-white ash is a lot lighter than maple
-cedar burns fast
-newborn calves have very sharp teeth!
-oak is a very hard wood to cut
-my dog is scared of almost every animal that crosses his path! He's a cutie though!
-my dog doesn't even notice there are a dozen deer on the property, since he's always in his own little world
-don't mess with a mama cow when she's about to give birth or if she's got a calf!
-I really appreciate the off-season so I can rest and do house-wifey duties, but do love the rush of busy-season with all the tourists and motel guests at our little inn
-I miss teaching when I'm not teaching and though I needed these few months to prepare for the wedding, it'll be nice when the next bunch of students come :)

Who on earth would have ever guessed that I'd be living the rural life and loving it?? Today, after a morning of working in the bush, we invited my Dad for lunch. It was so nice to just sit in our kitchen looking out our huge window to see eight deer in the valley, munching on grass. What a wonderful life! J and I really enjoy eating our meals in our bright kitchen, overlooking the gorgeous fields. Sunsets are absolutely stunning too. I just LOVE being able to see deer in our yard EVERY day! Sooooooooooo gorgeous! I can't wait for summer either. I'm going to get John to put up some hummingbird feeders. He said we may not need to, since the hummingbirds seem to really like the bleeding hearts he's got in the garden. We'll see.

Oh, one of our pressies from my bridal shower last weekend was a Cuisinart GR4 Panini Maker. This is one of my new favorite toys!!! I haven't used our stove all week, since I've been griddling, grilling and panini-ing all week! This griddler is AMAZING! It's so multifunctional and so easy to clean! I LOVE it! For lunch today, I grilled a few burgers and tossed some thinly sliced potatoes on the griddle and served it with a garden salad. You don't need to use oil and the drippings are collected into drip cups. Very neat! No oil, no mess, and easy, quick meals all the time! Imagine, easy to make home fries that aren't even fried!! Thanks Sel and PJ for the wonderful gift!

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails