Saturday, March 25, 2006

TWO IN THE BUSH (and a big ass TV!!!)


Nah, get yer mind outta the gutter! This is a G-Rated Blog! The bush I'm referring to is the woods, the forests, nature, etc. Today was a lovely day spent in the 'bush'. It was just the two of us- Johnny (my hubby to be) and me. John's got about 50 chords of wood to cut for his customers. Being the doting wifey, I decided to be helpful and together we trudged through the woods so he could cut the trees down and I could pile them into the trailer.

Lemme tell ya, it's not easy work! My arms feel like they're about to fall off! There were some benefits though. The blue skies with wispy white clouds, the fresh smell of the crisp air, the sunshine, being with my baby, and being watched by a handful of does and a really inquisitive buck! Yes, the deer were only a mere couple of feet away, watching us as we were hard at work.

Being the city girl I am, I was mournful as Johnny cut down the trees. The cracking sound of the trees hitting the ground and the sap pouring out of their trunks made me sad. John kept explaining to me that he does 'selective harvesting' and only takes the mature trees and the ones which are diseased. Anyway, he thought I was funny when I slumped down to the ground, mourning the poor tree and saying, "Oh...look at its blood dripping from its limbs! You've just taken away life from this earth!" Yes, he thought I was funny indeed. Hmph. City girl needs to toughen up and learn about the cycle of life. LOL

Now for the big ass TV. For my bridal shower, we got a slew of wonderful gifts. Thank you to everyone who was there. Love you all! One of the gifts we received was a brand spankin' new flat screen TV!!! Yeeeeehaw! John and I just love, love, LOVE it! (Thanks girls, for getting it for us!). Now, the only prob is that it's SO big that it won't fit into our entertainment unit!!! Aaaargh! LOL. No worries though. I'm sure we'll come up with a plan to get it to fit somehow!

Anyhoooz, time for bed. It's another early mornin' for us with more fire wood to cut (I think we've only done 5 out of the 50 chords needed!) and fixing some rail fences around the hundreds of acres Johnny has. Yikes! So this is what married life is gonna be like when I'm not teaching or helping manage the motel!! LOL

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails