Saturday, May 12, 2007

Definitely Pregnant


It's true. George is definitely, undeniably, absolutely pregnant. The poor kitty is going to have babies...and soon!!! A week ago, she looked quite plump. She's a very little cat, so the extra weight really showed. Then she started being very affectionate, and she (unlike her sister, Fred) is quite a solitary animal. I couldn't believe it! I was hoping she wasn't pregnant, but there is life growing in her belly now. I'm kind of excited at the prospect of little kittens being born!!

Two days ago, the lady I got the kitties from came over to visit and she took one look at George and said, "Oh! She's definitely pregnant!" I can't remember how long the gestation period for cats is, but it looks like George will give birth soon. Wouldn't it be a real kicker if Fred were pregnant too? What am I going to do with all these kittens??? Hubby says he'd like to have them for barn cats. I guess I'm still a city girl and think of cats as pets and not working animals. Hubby's right though. What am I going to do with a zillion cats in the house? That can't happen.

Last night, we had some friends over for supper and E had her hand on George's belly and felt movement! Oh my gosh! I put my hand on George's belly and felt lots of movement too. It was sooooo creepy, yet cool!

We're getting the cats fixed after the babies are weaned.

6 comments:

Uncivil said...

That brings a whole new meaning to Kitty Litter! Why do they have male gender names?

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!! Uncivil, the lady who gave us the kittens told us they were boys. We started calling them Fred and George because we thought they were male. I came home after a tea and bazaar one day and someone said, "I heard you got the kittens from the horse ranch!" I said, "Oh yes, and they are the sweetest little boys ever!" The lady looked shocked and said, "Oh, no dear! You better check again when you get home! They're both female!"

I was shocked, because I had wanted male kittens. I didn't want to get stuck with litters and litters of babies! I told Hubby what I had discovered at the bazaar and he flipped the kittens over and sure enough, they were both FEMALE!!! We never bothered changing their names, so they are still Fred and George! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day George!

Nabeel said...

yupp she looks pregnant .. awww the kittens are gonna be soo cute :) I miss my kittens now.

Anonymous said...

Kittens! Lots of fun, cats are generally wonderful mothers and lovely to observe with their babies. One of our poor cats gave birth with all of our four children watching. Great biology lesson.

Speaking of babies, I have posted one photo of the twins, hopefully will post more later, I need to get their parents okay.

Unknown said...

T:
LOL! I'm sure George says thank you. She's getting HUGE! Poor thing! She's such a tiny cat. It's hard to believe she's got babies in there!

Nabeel:
Thanks for popping by! Hope you pop by again :)

Merinz:
I'm off to see the pic of the twins! Hope their mom is doing well! :) Happy Mother's Day to you too!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails