Saturday, November 14, 2009

The City Cousins Visit The Country Cousin


My sister-in-law and her kids just left the Island after a week of visiting. We had a lot of fun and the babies were so good (even though we all ended up sick). My two year old nephew was such a rock star! He is in the midst of potty training and did a super job while up here.

I've learned that one has to be exceptionally careful of what one says in front of a two year old. I was helping him in the bathroom when he was doing #2 and I gasped, "Whoa! That is one giant man poo!!!"

Of course, my nephew had to run around the house yelling, "I just made a giant man poo!"
I also accidentally said the "s" word while I was cutting veggies with the knife and Kenny kept saying, "OH SHIRT!" Thank goodness he thought I said "shirt"! I am such a terrible adult!

Kenny and I baked cookies twice this week. We also went apple picking on our farm and then made apple sauce for the babies. Kenny saw the cattle. Yes, those bad cows that escape and jump fences all the time! Kenny also saw deer every day on our property. Kenny calls them "big horses" though. Today he saw a woodpecker. He also went fishing this morning with Grampy.

I think this week was really good for the kids. Little One got to play with her cousins and spend time with her auntie. Kenny just had a blast and was busy all the time. We even went for walks to my mother-in-law's farm. I was impressed that Kenny walked the whole way there.Now that the gang just left, the house seems so quiet and empty. I think we're suffering from withdrawal. I miss my sister-in-law, the twins and my two year old nephew already.

6 comments:

caninecologne said...

hi c!

omg, that's so FUNNY! "Giant Man Poo" and "Shirt"! haha!

yes, they DO listen...and file those words away in their tiny little minds...later to be put to use when you least suspect it!

i've slipped a few times as well. and that was yesterday! tc heard me say "sh*t" and said,"ooh, that's a bad word". well, at least I didn't say FK, which I say ALOT!!! (but not in front of her)

all the kids look so cute together! i can't believe your nephew is 2 now!

word ver:
calenodo

currently wondering who is winning the Pacquiao/Cotta fight. better be Manny!

J said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I hate that feeling when people leave and the house feels all empty.

When Maya was about that age, I thought for a crappy second that I had locked the keys in the trunk. I said, "F*CK!*, and Maya said, "What!?" and I said, "DUCK! I saw a DUCK!" "Where?" "Oh, you missed it." HA!

Unknown said...

Canine:
HAHAHA! I know! My quick save? "Kenny! What colour is your shirt?"
"Yellow" "That's right! Yellow shirt!" LOL! I'm so lame!

It WAS pretty funny with him running around yelling "OH SHIRT!" though. I was mortified at first though when I thought he actually heard/understood what I said!! Gah!

It WAS a giant MAN POO! LOL!

Unknown said...

J:
Hahahaha! Thanks for sharing that one! I had a good chuckle. Amazing how quick we can be when caught in a situation like that!

Anonymous said...

In the German language one uses many animals for swearing, which makes it not too dangerous.
With regard to the 'shirt' word, I tried already during the pregnancy to change it into an 'upsy' wich seems to have worked, many times, however not always.
A wonderful week for you.

hotmommy said...

so cute

oh and i've said the f word a few times by mistake in front of my kids. they thought i said 'oh fork'!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails