Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Is My New Favourite Day!


My lovely friend, J and her 15 month old daughter decided it would be fun if Little One and I accompanied them to swimming today. The rec center that we went to is off-island, but it makes for a great day trip. Swimming with the babies, lunch and shopping!

I was hoping Little One would love the pool. She's a water baby and loves swimming in the bath tub. She also loves the beach! Let me rephrase that. She loves the water at the beach, but not the sand. She looks at me with a disgusted expression on her face. Kind of like, "Ewww! Mommy! What is this gross stuff between my fingers and toes!?!"

I love, love, love swimming and really hoped Little One would love swimming too. To my surprise, she took to it so naturally. She was so cute when she put her head under water and kicked her little feet! She had so much fun! I loved that the babies got to swim in a heated salt water pool. The salt water was much better than the harsh chlorine I grew up swimming in at our local pool when I was a kid.

I have a feeling that Monday is going to be my favourite day of the week now! Some of the other moms and their babies from our play group were there too. Fun times!


On a totally different topic, this song played on the drive home. I don't know why, but whenever I hear Sass Jordan's "I Want To Believe" I get this bittersweet feeling in my heart.

7 comments:

J said...

What an amazing pool! I've never heard of a salt water pool, except for the Sutro Bath's in San Francisco, which burned down in the 60s. http://www.sutrobaths.com/explorebaths.shtml

hotmommy said...

hmm! lucky you! never even heard of salt water pools! the pool my kids take their lessons at has chlorine.

t said...

I LOVE THAT SONG! I remember seeing Sass Jordan singing live back in the 90's. She always looked so great and still does!

Unknown said...

J:
Just checked out that link! Very cool! I'd never even heard of that place before.

Yes, I really like the fact that it's not chlorine. Little One really enjoyed it. Of course, she had a few gulps of water. Oh well! She didn't really seem to mind. She's such a little fish!

Unknown said...

HM:
I remember as a kid, all the pools we went to had chlorine. Growing up, I always associated swimming with the smell of chlorine! LOL!

Unknown said...

T:
I love Sass too. I remember seeing her perform at a mall in Quebec in the 90s. I was a big Sass Jordan fan. Gotta support local talent! :)

Dee said...

the pool at the gym i used to go to was salt water. i never tried it but heard it was great. a lot of private pools also use salt water now too.

i have no doubt LO would love swimming!! Some of my fave memories of you and I together are at the pool in your parents back yard! Good times!!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails