Friday, November 06, 2009

Sometimes She Cries


Little One has been a champion sleeper for as long as I can remember. For some reason, in the past few nights, she has been crying in her sleep. When I go into her room to check on her, she's still asleep. She just seems to cry this really heartbreaking kind of cry and it makes me so sad.

The first time it happened, I didn't know she was still sleeping when she was crying. I thought she woke up in the middle of the night, so when she didn't stop crying, I picked her up and cuddled her. I woke her up and she looked really terrified. I am never doing that again!

She normally goes to bed at 9PM and wakes up at 9AM, but the past two nights have been bad for her crying/weeping in her sleep.

Why is she crying??? I wonder what's going on. Is she dreaming? If so, I wonder what babies dream about? Do they have nightmares? Is she in pain? Poor thing. :(

5 comments:

Cherry said...

Oh that must be so heartbreaking!
If only she could just tell you what she's dreaming about.

J said...

Poor baby. :( Is she still teething? As she develops, her imagination might be growing as well. She might be having nightmares, or she might be teething. I don't know that there's anything you can do. But yeah, poor thing.

Unknown said...

Cherry:
Yes, it is sooooooo sad. :( Truly heartbreaking! I wanted to pick her up and give her a cuddle, but I didn't want to wake her up from her dream. I've been told to never wake up a person when they're in the middle of a nightmare.

Unknown said...

J:
She's STILL teething. The crazy thing is that she has been working on those chompers FOREVER and they still haven't cut! Poor kid!

I wonder if it was teething or bad dream?

Anonymous said...

It was only yesternight when I heard him talking at 03.45, saying words like Papa, Mama or Ya-Ya (Greek for Grandma) with eyes closed and deep asleep.
Guess we'll never know what they do see within their dreams, maybe even shouldn't, as it is a far too great mistery to witness, unable to sleep after.
Stefan did cry as well a couple of times, either due to teeths or dreams - somewhere I did read, that one shouldn't wake them up while dreaming,don't know for sure yet...
All the very best for you all and most of all happy dreams.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails