Thursday, November 24, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 24: Under the Wire


to have one's ducks in a row

  1. (idiomatic) To be organized; to have one's affairs in order; specifically, to have a multi-person effort coordinated towards the exact same goal.
    Wouldn't it be nice to have our ducks in a row and not have to search for the papers every time we needed them? (from Wiktionary.org) 
    NaBloPoMo 
2011



The day is almost done, and I haven't had a chance to get my National Blog Posting Month post up yet. Things have been busy! I've been doing this and this!  It's all very exciting!  
Like the "Ducks in a Row" photo? Courtesy of Little One. When I said, "Mommy really needs to get her ducks in a row", Little One lined up her rubber duckies and dragged me to the bathroom.
"Get your ducks in a row like this, Mama?"
Wow. Kids are so smart. It's amazing how they absorb the world and happenings around them and are able to form their own understanding of things. 
I still can't get over the fact that she tells me things like, "Mommy, I have an idea. I have a HY-PO-POSIS", "I yuuuuv Quinoa salad!" or "I'd like to have goat cheese on my hamgurber". In between running around like a chicken with my head cut off and trying to do everything (and never getting everything done), I manage to find moments of clarity where I catch glimpses of the magic that is childhood. It is brilliant seeing my Little One making connections and formulating her own ideas and opinions. Being three years old is awesome.
She really amazes me each and every day.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love how kids are so litteral.
And how they make everything seem so magical...like the little river of rain water that flooded my backyard. Chunky said "OoooOOOOooo momma. Someone dumped a pool in our yard"

Where do they come up with stuff?

Unknown said...

Kim:
I know! Kids are too funny! They say the craziest things sometimes, yet it really makes sense if you think about it! :)

Love that the Chunkster said someone dumped a pool in your yard. Oh, to be a kid again! Everything is so magical when you're a kid. *sigh*

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails