Saturday, November 05, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 5: Toddler-isms


NaBloPoMo 
2011
Toddler: "Soon it will be my birthday, Mama?" 
Me: "Yes! Next week you will be 3!" 
Toddler: "And, is we goin' to have a party? Is we goin' to have a Dora cake for meeeee?" 
Me: "Yes! Then next month will be Mama's birthday and then Christmas!" 
 Toddler: "I want to be a princess for Christmas. Is Santa going to give me candy?"
Me: "I had my very first fight with YOUR daughter." 
Hubby: "Oh, dear. What did she do this time?" 
Me: "She was kicking me in the back and I told her not to and that she was hurting Mommy. I told her to go sit quietly and think about what she did. She hasn't spoken to me since and it's been over an hour." 
Hubby: (laughing) "Do you know why she isn't talking to you?" 
Me: "No. Why?" Hubby: "She's sleeping!" The little monkey fell asleep!!! ♥
Toddler (in the van on our way to church): Is we goin' to church now, Mama?" 
Me: "Yes, we *are*." Toddler: I loooooooove church!" 
Toddler halfway through service (whispers): "Mama, is it over yet? I wanna go home now." LOL! She was pretty good though. Tough for an almost 3 year old to sit quietly for over an hour :) Good thing we packed colouring books, crayons, and yes...Sour Patch Kids. Don't judge. They work!
Me: Shall we carve Halloween pumpkins with Daddy? 
Toddler: No. They're gross and creepy.
Me: "Honey, could you please put your clothes back on? We're going to Lola and Grampy's now." 
Toddler: "No, thanks. I don't want to." 
Me: "Please? We have to go now." 
Toddler: "No thanks." 
Me: *sigh* "Why are you being so difficult?" 
Toddler: (angry) "I'm not being difficult! I'm not being difficult! I'M NOT BEING DIFFICULT!!!" Hubby and I tried to suppress laughter. "I'm MAD and I'm VERY frustrated!!!"
Because I had nothing interesting to write for my NaBloPoMo post today, and because I wanted to keep this for posterity, this is all I could muster up for today's post.  These will come in handy when she's older and can see how funny she was when she was two years old.
Oh, and I thought Little One's Toddler-isms would give you a chuckle.

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails