Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 30: The End is Here


The end of NaBloPoMo, that is!
NaBloPoMo 
2011
Yes, another November has flown by. Another NaBloPoMo accomplished.

Though writing a post a day for an entire month has been a good way for me to come to certain realizations about myself and has awakened thoughts inside of me, I have to say that I think I will return to my regular one post every few days. Thank you very much.

What I've learned:

I need to vent more. I've always reserved my venting, ranting, and expressing gripes and grievances. Why? Well, I've always felt that no one wants to listen to a complainer. I don't like listening to negative people all the time. This said, I've learned that it's okay to sometimes express yourself even if your opinion is not always positive. Let's face it. We can't always be positive and happy all the time. Sometimes we need to let things out. Otherwise we'd explode.

I need to chill out. I have to reassess my priorities. Do I want to obsess about a clean  house all the time? This is something that I've been trying to work on for years. I'm constantly cleaning, disinfecting, tidying, rearranging...and if something isn't the way I expect it to be, I get stressed out. My daughter needs and wants me to spend more time with her and less time cleaning. It struck me the other day when she started crying, "Mama! Don't wash dishes! Don't wash dishes! You're always washing dishes!"
I keep saying that time spent with my Little One is so very important and that I don't want to miss out on her formative years, yet I sometimes tell her to play with her toys or look at her books so I can clean up after everyone. That really hit me. It made me sad. This has got to change.
I also learned that though things may not always be perfect and I may sometimes get frustrated with the difficulties of rural living, I have got it pretty good. I have so much to be thankful for.

Sure, we live in an old farm house and it isn't as modern or doesn't really measure up to my family's expectations, standards, or what we are accustomed to, our home is where we love to be. It's "home". Hubby and I work very hard, and though renovations may take years to complete, we are doing things little by little. People have said, "Why don't you just tear down your house and start anew? You can get those pre-fab houses and move in as is."

The thing is, though I sometimes complain...express my displeasure...say my house drives me crazy because it always needs some kind of work done, it needs another bathroom, or maybe even finish up the basement completely, I really, truly, honestly love it. It's got character. It's warm and inviting. It's a place where family and friends gather.


 Just a few kitchen pics.



Hopefully the end of this year's NaBloPoMo also brings the end of me living in the dark with regard to some of the things I've neglected to realize.

1 comments:

Calfkeeper said...

You have a lovely kitchen. I'd love to have that much space!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails