Tuesday, February 03, 2009

YUZU


Yuzu betta try dis restaurant, yo!
Okay, I don't know if that sounded more gangsta than it did the awful Joey Tribianni impression I tried to do. I love Joey. I love Yuzu. If you are in Toronto and you love Japanese food, I think you'll love Yuzu too.

Since the past few months all my blog posts have been of my high risk pregnancy, my hospital stay, the baby and the weeks in the NICU and Level 2 nursery, I'll post something a little different.

On New Year's Eve, we went to a very posh Japanese restaurant in Toronto. Actually, it was sort of serendipitous that we happened upon Yuzu. We originally wanted to go to Japango, but since it was New Year's Eve and we didn't have the foresight to make a reservation, we couldn't get a table. The hostess did recommend Yuzu, Japango's sister restaurant. Frankly, I think we ended up with the better of the two restaurants!

As soon as you step inside the restaurant, you feel a sense of relaxation with the clean, crisp, modern look and open concept.The menu is impressive with many delectable dishes. If you're not a sushi fan, fret not! There are noodle dishes and other types of yummy creations that don't involve raw fish! If you do love sushi, then you're in luck. This is one of the best Japanese restaurants I've been to in Toronto.

Calpico. Remember a few months ago I wrote a blog post about Calpis? When I was in Japan, my students ordered a drink called Calpis and it sounded to me like they said "cow piss"! This unusual drink is a milky uncarbonated soda. It's actually pretty tasty.
Since it was New Year's Eve, the owner was giving everyone a lychee-pomegranate drink. Out of 5 stars, I would definitely give this restaurant a 5.

10 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Just catching up :)

That sushi looks delicious!

Cherry said...

Sounds awesome!
Glad you had a fun night out. The drink looks mighty tasty and the dishes... Mmmm!

Momisodes said...

Wow! That looks like a lovely place. And lychee-pomegranate sounds awesome :) So glad you had a chance to go out and celebrate the new year!

J said...

I'm glad you got to go out and have some fun for New Years Eve! Looks really yummy, too.

humpsNbump said...

OMG. I would kill for some sushi right now. Some real, cold, juicy sashimi with low salt soya sauce. Too bad I'm preggers!

Great post, I'll have to check out YUZU.

~ humps

Jeanna said...

Sounds like a great place. I remember you talking about that soda milk and still want to try it. I'm not sure I ever had lychee, but was watching a movie that made me want to have some. Glad you got out a little bit anyway.

Unknown said...

Veronica:
I'm all of a sudden craving sushi! I remember having a discussion with you a while back about being able (or not being able) to eat sushi while pregnant. Now that we're no longer pregnant, I wonder if we can eat sushi? Or because we are breastfeeding does that mean we can't?

Cherry:
Lychee and pomegranate make a surprisingly delicious pair! It was nice to be able to go for something to eat that wasn't hospital food! ;p

Oh! Word verification= comma

Unknown said...

Momisodes:
Hey! I would definitely go back to that restaurant. LOVE it!
I haven't checked out ANY blogs since I got home with the baby *sigh*. While I have a moment, I'm going to head off to yours! XO

J:
I was inspired (by you...since you post really great food/restaurant/recipe posts) to blog about some of the great places to eat in Toronto. Not that I was able to go out much, but I did go to a few restaurants during the 2 months I spent in Toronto while the baby was in the hospital.
I also caught a few Chef at Home episodes this week (yes, that's what I do while breastfeeding)and thought of you. What a great show! Hmmm...a man who can cook!!!

Unknown said...

Humps:
Okay, next time I'm in your neck of the woods (and after our babies have stopped nursing) we should go to YUZU!

Jeanna:
Ohhhh...It's been soooo long since I've been able to check out everyone's blogs. I miss you and Jimbo!! I'm going to have to pop over quickly! XO

Dee said...

okay we are SOO Checking this place out as soon as we can find a babysitter!!

thanks for this neat post!! the food looks delish and the drinks yummy too :)

From Our Farm to Your Table

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails