Saturday, April 08, 2006

10 weeks to go...


Okay, I promise to try not to blog too much about wedding preparations. Luckily, there's only 10 weeks until the wedding, so soon you won't be reading about all the nitty gritty little details.

Life's been very busy these days. Soon things will be getting busier though. As soon as the first boat sails, the island will be infested with tourists. Hmm...perhaps infested isn't the best word. Yes, the island will be filled with tourists.

Right now, I just enjoy spending as much quality time alone with John before the mad rush begins. Lately, I've been either beautifying our home (yes, it does look fab! I just love our cute little house in the country!) or helping John with his work. My hubby-to-be's got me helping him out in the bush. Yes, me... City Girl! I've been taught how to swing an axe, split fire wood, pile fire wood, clean logs with an axe to make cedar rail fences...whoooo yeah. Then there's helping out with chores. By chores I mean working in the barn. The cows are all due to deliver now and so far we've got 9 very beautiful little calves. Among them are my favorites: a very pretty little white one and a gorgeous chocolate colored one.

A year or two ago and I don't think you'd catch me enjoying being so close to smelly barns, but for some reason I really love being close to the land and close to nature. Life is so beautiful. Funny how life tosses you some curve balls. It's interesting to see the way our story unfolds. I sometimes laugh to myself, thinking how funny it is that City Girl is now as far away from the city as I could possibly be :)

Of course, when John gets in from all his work (firefighting, First Response, the farm, the saw mill, the Co-Op), I have his meals ready for him. That slow cooker I got at my bridal shower has done wonders. Easy, delicious, healthy meals and a very happy hubby-to-be!

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails