Saturday, April 29, 2006

Can't teach an old dog new tricks


One of our pets is getting up there in age. He's a real cutie, but he's getting quite testy and is causing a few problems. He has a weak bladder and pees everywhere. He isn't very patient with young children. He LOVES my father's pigeons way too much--he would LOVE to have them for supper! He is a charming, funny, sweet, cute dog during the day, but at night his hunter's instinct comes out and he's a completely different dog. He's a Jack Russell Terrier and has got a mind of his own.

Someone asked me if I think we should put Boswell down because he's very old and he's causing some problems. I don't have the heart to. He's really a cute dog (except when I have to crawl under the pigeon loft to try to get him out from under). When people ask me my views on putting old pets down, I think, "So do you want me to put you down too when you're too old???" Is that what we do with people and pets when they're no longer young and healthy? *sigh*

2 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

Hi Chrissy-
Heidi here. It is so hard when your puppino gets old. You could try doggie diapers and see if that works for the pee problem. I know what you're going through.

Unknown said...

Hey Heidi! Wow! I never thought of that. Do those doggie diapers really work? I was trying to decipher whether or not Boswell really has a weak bladder due to old age, or if he's just doing this to make me mad. I figure it's the weak bladder though, since he whines when he wants to go out (yet he will not tolerate being tied up outdoors since he wants to be able to see me at all times). The funny thing is that he only pees in the house where there's no carpet....like in the bathroom!! How funny is that?! Well, it's not REALLY funny.

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails