Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Holidays...and a Restraining Order


First off, greetings to all on this Easter/Passover weekend. Hope it's filled with good times with family and friends. The girls (Courtney and Elizabeth) enjoyed an Easter Egg hunt in South Bay yesterday. I didn't know there were so many kids on the island! LOL Too cute. I remember when my cousins and I were kids, we used to go Easter egg hunting together. Good times.

Okay, the person near and dear to me that's going through a rough time, has finally pressed assault charges on her boyfriend that beats her up. People who haven't experienced a relationship that's dominated by someone who has a psychological/emotional hold on the other, don't realize how hard it is to just break free and let go. I know for months and months, we'd been urging this person to leave her boyfriend, but she kept going back. As frustrating and hurtful as it was, I can only imagine what she had been going through.

Though I've never been in a relationship where anyone's abused me physically or otherwise, I have been in a relationship where mind games were played. Perhaps my BF at the time wasn't aware of it, but there were serious psychological/emotional games going on. I too kept going back over and over, in hopes that things would eventually change. This never really happens though. People don't jsut change like that. I know my friends used to get so upset with me and never understood why I kept going back. It's a complicated thing really.

For my friend who is going through this rough time, I am thankful that you have found the strength to finally break free. I know it will be tough and sometimes you'll want to go back. You're strong and you'll get through this. You have a lot of people who love you and care about you.

One day you'll see that he wasn't good for you. The person you're meant to be with will make you feel good, will bring out the best in you and make you want to be the best person you can possibly be. No man should ever make a woman feel so little and demoralized. No man should make you ashamed or feel that everything is always your fault. You deserve better and once you see this and believe this, you will emerge a stronger, better person. We love you lots!

Sorry for the somewhat serious post. Have a great weekend! We're off to my mum-in-law's for Easter dinner tonight. I love having family so close by!

0 comments:

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails