Thursday, April 27, 2006

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!


My sister-in-law and I love having little in-house spa nights when I visit her and my brother in Kingston. We spend hours shopping at Shoppers Drugmart and drool over cosmetics and all kinds of neat beauty supplies. I know...sad. lol We're like school girls when we're at Shoppers and then we rush home to try our new goodies (after making a pit-stop at Tim Horton's! lol). Hey, I might as well indulge in what the city has to offer while I'm there, cuz there ain't none o' this stuff on Manitizzle!

We discovered Montagne Jeunesse products and boy, are they ever neat. The company offers a range of products from facial care, hair care, body care, foot & leg care and shower & bath. The products smell wonderful and it's natural skin care that is cruelty-free (non-animal tested)," Vegetarian Society approved and carefully scrutinized for their impact on the environment".

Elisha and I have tested out some of the facial masks and foot treatment (for those aching footsies). We both loved the Red Hot Earth Sauna Masque. The stuff instantly warms up on damp skin, removes impurities and clears excess oils. You just apply it and leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off with water. Your skin feels soooooo good after. Welllllll....for Christmas, Elisha sent me some MJ products (since the nearest Shoppers is 2 hrs away!!!) and for for kicks, I pampered myself last night.

Can I tell you how brutal it was? The exact same product that I loved a few months ago, I can't use now! The initial result was fantastic, but moments later, I started getting really itchy and then my face started turning red, bumpy and blotchy!! Really sucks because I love the stuff! I've never had any problems with MJ products before...so why now???

Do you think products like these have a shelf-life? I searched the package for an expiry date but couldn't find one.

Since I'm such a glutton for punishment, and really love Montagne Jeunesse I will give it another go. How can something so good be so bad for my skin? I've got a packet of Dead Sea Mud Pac Masque, so I'll try it out and see what happens. If I get the same horrible reaction, then I'll discontinue using the products. Weird, because I have VERY sensitive skin and MJ products seemed to work well for me before. Plus I like that the products are made with quality ingredients.

2 comments:

zozosmamma said...

That sucks, I hope the second mask is better. I love thier products--that anti-stress bath is so nice, and I love the face tonics!!!

Unknown said...

I did the other mask and it was fine :) YAY!!! Don't have to swear of the Montagne Jeunesse products! Don't know why I had that reaction. I had tried the hot mask several times before and nothing happened. Anyway...

I think I'll try that anti-stress bath! Sounds divine!!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails