Monday, April 17, 2006

Call of the Wild!!!


Okay, so I'm out early in the morning splitting fire wood. My hubby-to-be is next door at his mom's farm building her a deck with his sister. My dog's running around acting goofy, enjoying the gorgeous weather we're having, when all of a sudden the air gets a bit cool and a dark cloud hovers overhead, and crazy loud wolf howls fill the air. I SWEAR it was like it was straight out of a horror movie!

I practically peed in my pants because Chance's ears perked up, the howling got louder and louder and it wasn't just one wolf--it sounded like MANY! Then all of the dogs in the township seemed to reply back. I shit you not! I could hear tons of dogs in town returning the wolves' call! I was SCARED and thought Chance would bolt after them so I quickly ushered him into the house and kept him in there.

I then called J's mom and asked if they'd heard what I'd heard and she said "Yes! It was mortifying!" They had to tie up her dog too because she was about to bolt! Apparently, the wolves were right across the road from us! Yep...a few hundred feet away! YIKES!

Always exciting stuff on the island! LOL I'm such a city girl :p I DID almost wet my pants! I'm tellin' ya, it was scary!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's kindof neat but scary! Your so close to lots of nature over there, here the only sounds we hear are cars and stuff. Cam't wait to go up for a visit! See u at the wedding!

From Our Farm to Your Table

Blog Archive

Farmers Feed Cities

You Can Find Me Here!




Affiliates

Brand Ambassador for

For Fellow Bloggers

Connect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark!
A Reliable Blogger

Proud Recipient

© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

About the Blog Author


City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!
Contact Me

Les Boutons!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Life on Manitoulin: Just a bunch of ramblings from a city girl gone country!

Let's Connect

Members

Support


Photobucket


Related Posts with Thumbnails